Tattoos, 1 month later

News:

Main Menu

Tattoos, 1 month later

Started by =drake=, March 05, 2014, 12:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=drake=

http://www.dragon-network.net/stats/tar/tattoos.php

I noticed few tattoos are not really used, in particular the ones giving protection against debuffs: Hold, Bleed, Sleep, Fear.
Also few other tattoos are quite underrated.

Why?
Discuss and, eventually, write your considerations/ideas.

unhandledexeption

because these are useless, and there are more useful tattoos.
Disconnect HE/WK infinity 5x, BlackArmy (abandoned with the server...)
Farostlemez TK rpg-club federation (abandoned)

emissary

IMO there should be some changes about tattoos.

You made a possibility to refill tatoos, but to do so you need to pvp on garden of eva and today I went there to do so, no1 was there. So, since not so many ppl are going to GoE pvp zone, maybe make some alternative option to refill tattoos?

Also, you said that you are opened for suggestion about lethal tattoos, there was some ideas, but I haven't seen your action regarding it :)

last, but not least, latest nerf on tatoos was too high. I am a recharger and still I believe this nerf wasn't good for anyone.
Ofc you can say that on official there is no other option to boost mana regen than by either dye's or rechargers or elixirs, but this is a stacksub server and we use more skills, more mana and I believe we like little help from those tattoos :)

thanks.
DeathAkira - ES member, Dragon serv
emissary - FI member, infinity serv
emissary - FI member, valkyria serv

karupt

tattoos are l2j. please remove. gracias

Peorexo

Quote from: karupt on March 05, 2014, 12:48:06 AM
tattoos are l2j. please remove. gracias
dmg reduction too, substack too, ur not official too so gtfo.

pmkaboo

Quote from: emissary on March 05, 2014, 12:25:27 AM
You made a possibility to refill tatoos, but to do so you need to pvp on garden of eva and today I went there to do so, no1 was there. So, since not so many ppl are going to GoE pvp zone, maybe make some alternative option to refill tattoos?
marks should be dropping worldwide imo, in GOE 2(or more)x amount.

accurs3d

Quote from: Peorexo on March 05, 2014, 12:48:48 AM
dmg reduction too, substack too, ur not official too so gtfo.
+1
Kabadayi

8kjupx3u

Quote from: Abruzzi on March 05, 2014, 01:08:10 AM
I see after one month "the only server that pays you" made me fking rich. Donations are ON and still no info for this option. Or its like "auto pick"?
N00b come tommorow to saints again
Dont pk me when im train , shithead
Friends Become Wolves~

sm0g

Quote from: pmkaboo on March 05, 2014, 12:52:26 AM
marks should be dropping worldwide imo, in GOE 2(or more)x amount.
Nice idea!
null.void

Chicks

Quote from: 8kjupx3u on March 05, 2014, 01:13:38 AM
N00b come tommorow to saints again
Dont pk me when im train , shithead

You mad?

I'm also waiting for the way we are to be paid. With the tank current situation, no use in playing what I like anymore anyway
The last of his kind
Tk/Es 80 -> sorc 76
Quote from: Brownxtown
he pwns ppl, they see his pink poney and there like OMG GHEY PONEY and they dont hit it then the pony uses its pro pink powers and they die and the dead ppl go WTF PONY HAX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76hYNCxHBUE

Alex

Its an easy question.

To understand why debuff resistance tattoos are unpopular first lets take a look at tattoos by their popularity.

1) First with huge advantage are tattoos that boost mana, nothing surprising here, faster leveling is on the first place no matter what and mana means a lot here.

2) Second are tattoos that boost damage. Bigger damage helps to level up faster just like bigger mana pool. Also damage most of the time is a priority thing for people in pvp. Players like to get *frags* so they go for damage, also most classes are damage dealers and many important things in the game depend on your damage output (raid bosses, barakiel, etc). Healers also would like much more faster casting speed than anything else.

3) The rest tattoos are extremely unpopular.

Assassin tattoo - theoretically it boosts damage output, but the game gives plenty of ways to increase crit and with bow/dagger you can easily reach max crit. Moreover most fighter classes would prefer monk tattoos to use abilities and attack faster, speed is very important and perhaps few dagger and bow users would like crit damage more for bigger burst in pvp where the burst damage is important.

Tattoo of sniper - same issue as assassin tattoo plus its very unlikely to find a target with high evasion.

All kinds of defensive tattoos - defensive tattoos have a niche use. They protect only from one source of damage: physical or magical. If you have tattoo of monk you are going to kill faster everything as a fighter. If you have tattoo of golem you are going to take less damage only from fighters while for mages your tattoo slot is non-existant or moreover crippling you if you dont remove it since tattoo of golem lowers your other stats in exchange for giving more p.def.

Now debuff resistance tattoos. If defensive tattoos are niche then debuff resistance tattoos are super mega niche. They dont have a general use, for example tattoo of hold resistance is going to help you against whom? Buffer classes only? Tattoos of sleep resistance will help you only against bishops and elders since nukers dont rely on their sleep that much due to long cast time. You'd rather want to do more damage so that those classes cant outheal it than try to resist their root/sleep.

Moreover you handicap yourself if you dont use a damage tattoo since for example a nuker subbed to healer/buffer and using a c.spd tattoo is going to deal damage faster, heal itself faster and cast root/sleep on you faster, while if you use a debuff resist tattoo you sacrifice a tattoo slot to possibly resist a skill that your enemy may or may not use.

Bleed tattoo is a troll, fear tattoo is the same as sleep/hold plus fear is much more rare.
ShowStopper having a break from hard GM work:

Dagger Allstarsâ,,¢

ameba40

Quote from: =drake= on March 05, 2014, 12:08:41 AM
http://www.dragon-network.net/stats/tar/tattoos.php

I noticed few tattoos are not really used, in particular the ones giving protection against debuffs: Hold, Bleed, Sleep, Fear.
Also few other tattoos are quite underrated.

Why?
Discuss and, eventually, write your considerations/ideas.
i think about this tatto only on olys ( hold sleep) fear and bleed are useless