Tried the server, here's my thoughts.. - Page 21

News:

Main Menu

Tried the server, here's my thoughts..

Started by Mordyn, March 31, 2014, 05:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaggerIsMyLife

Quote from: =drake= on April 01, 2014, 11:03:50 PM
Please go back on the topic subject or i will feel forced to trash this (decently important) thread to the spam section...
You already did changes, now just wait how community will react on these changes , there is nothing more to talk about.

lbiguiml

Well I agree on the lvl part..... Why so hard to lvl up..... like this guy said.... I have already said it to all my friends.... from 10 that started.... 6 of them already left..... its a old game a old chronicle.... only old school would play it.... we had not time as we had b4.... what should be hard its the items..... but now it's too late to change it probably

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: lbiguiml on April 02, 2014, 12:53:53 AM
Well I agree on the lvl part..... Why so hard to lvl up..... like this guy said.... I have already said it to all my friends.... from 10 that started.... 6 of them already left..... its a old game a old chronicle.... only old school would play it.... we had not time as we had b4.... what should be hard its the items..... but now it's too late to change it probably
But i dont get 1 part, if you can reach top lvl with casual playin whithin 15 daya or even lets say 25 days, where is the problem there?(once again i repeat CASUAL playing) Did you expected loging 3 keltirs and lv80? So you would enjoy 10 days and leave... I really dont get it how do you see L2. Tara is build for long terms else we wouls open different server with different rates and different everything. This is pure lineage as its should have always been.

No time for items? Fine, let farmers produce it for you and you can buy from them for few adeba, trade or eventually spend few coins. Same goes even for chars or exping service...

Tara rates (especially with last changes) are more then atractive and easy.

And you know just because some people are old players and from pro clans doesnt mean automatically they are strong by default, they have to work their way to glory on this server to prove their skills. The famouse name wont create items for you, good organisation will!

So to sum up, this story "hard rates" is overrated, oldies just use it to dodge the reality there are some better organised clans who know how to plan things in time (in game) not on forum.

So at this point ill finalize this rubish story exp is hard and you need to play 23h per day to sub. Totally fake and far from the truth.

Cya on weekend on tournaments and rest of fun!
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

lbiguiml

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on April 02, 2014, 01:20:29 AM
[...]
Cya on weekend on tournaments and rest of fun!
[...]

wow where this came from..... anyway ..... I got it.... no more opnions about rates :D

Cya! s2

Mordyn

Alright, since it's 20 pages of spam behind us ill readdress this...
drake, how about building a system like the "path to awakening" on retail?
I think players having the proper gear would drastically increase and improve the leveling experience.
Maybe no grade to B or A grade (all shadow gear) and then let the players farm end game gear.
Everyone knows it sucks leveling in low C and if your trying to catch up to the main powers you wont be putting effort into C B and A grade.
You could name it "Drakes path to subclassing"
:-p
FallenLegion recruiting! Sick of the children? Tired of getting back stabbed? You no buff buff mengz? Join FL TODAY! Disclaimer: Only FLUENT English speaking players around, join or suffer the consequences...   www.FallenLegion.us

=drake=

Quote from: Mordyn on April 02, 2014, 02:48:02 AM
Alright, since it's 20 pages of spam behind us ill readdress this...
drake, how about building a system like the "path to awakening" on retail?
I think players having the proper gear would drastically increase and improve the leveling experience.
Maybe no grade to B or A grade (all shadow gear) and then let the players farm end game gear.
Everyone knows it sucks leveling in low C and if your trying to catch up to the main powers you wont be putting effort into C B and A grade.
You could name it "Drakes path to subclassing"
:-p

Argument it more please with details so everyone else can partecipate.
Requirements? Steps? Reward?
Advantages for the server?
Disadvantages for the server?

Path of Awakening as retail is meant mostly to help new players to catch up with everyone else for a world where everyone is already over-the-top level since years (not exactly our situation as server is fresh).

Mordyn

It would mean the xp rates stay the same but leveling becomes faster because you are properly geared.
Make A grade last 60 days & players then farm top gear.
my biggest turn off here is leveling with a low grade shadow bow.
Retail gets you into the action. Do something similar & I see people loving it.
FallenLegion recruiting! Sick of the children? Tired of getting back stabbed? You no buff buff mengz? Join FL TODAY! Disclaimer: Only FLUENT English speaking players around, join or suffer the consequences...   www.FallenLegion.us

Mordyn

The dedicated players will still always have an advantage. But it lets people get into the action.
It'll focus your players all in the same zones.. pvp increases, as well as player interaction with each other.
We dont need to overpriced low grade gear so noone can compete.

kramligz

Quote from: Mordyn on April 02, 2014, 02:57:53 AM
It would mean the xp rates stay the same but leveling becomes faster because you are properly geared.

You have a great idea bro but Interlude haven't this kind of weapon/armor maybe in higher chronicles yes.

=drake=

Quote from: TheBlackPhoenix on April 02, 2014, 02:56:12 AM
Drake, seriamente....... Sull'offi il path system c'è fino a 85, perchè 85 non è un cazzo, essendo da 86 a 99 il vero punto. Il vero momento in cui diventa difficile expare.

Doesnt change what i said:: the only meaning it have is catch-up (i remind you that official is 1x. You know already how hard is tarantula from 1 to 80, imagine 1 to 85 at 1x.)

And if i ask a player about explain better his suggestion because i dont understand his point of view, doesnt mean i wanna implement it the second after. Seriously guys.....

Quote from: Mordyn on April 02, 2014, 02:57:53 AM

But i dont understand the advantages for Tarantula that is "high to low rate" on purpose to not be insta-pvp-gratification.
Why we would speed up leveling more than what we did already? (aka: dynamic rate).
Early levels here are a breeze (30x) and even at lv60 we are around 10x rate (that is 10x faster than official. 1 day here = 10 days there).
For as much as amazing fast official can be with this "outstanding" feature, it still cant be faster than a multiplier on the exp rate.

Everyone seems to forget that official is bounded to 1x rate even if with each chronicle the exp curve gets easier, but still is 1x.
Each chronicle of L2 doesnt boost really the exp rate but simply reduces the exp required for the next level (big difference) and it affects end levels only.
Example? When migrating from GF to H5 we had people with over 100% exp because of the new exp curve.

So, again... i dont see the advantage in it for the "customers" of Tarantula that came here exclusively for the low rate.
For such a feature (and people interested in it) would make more sense to open a new server dedicated for PVP and with only PVP in mind.

Quote from: kramligz on April 02, 2014, 03:05:47 AM
You have a great idea bro but Interlude haven't this kind of weapon/armor maybe in higher chronicles yes. hmmmm But Drake is too powerful maybe he can. lol  ;D

Anything can be done but we pretty much said on start: no custom armors/weapons.

Mordyn

C B and A grade gear is not custom.
Try leveling from 1-40, then goto giran and spend 2.5kk on a pair of gloves. Out of the question.  Especially after buying class change.
There is nothing enjoyable about lvling in low C grade.

=drake=

Official IS 1x as is the reference for the exp multipliers.
Else what 1x would be? Ultima Online? ... comeon...