Web Analytics
How do we bring players to the server? - Page 3

News:

Main Menu

How do we bring players to the server?

Started by Mordyn, March 31, 2014, 10:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clonage

You could reward people that advertise DN on gaming forums.
Also a facebook raffle contest for everyone that shares l2DN page(1 random winner). Be creative :D

RetardedCP/AbyssCP
Gaia: Misato / Ceres / Green
Nova: Envy
Ayrin: Ceres
Hellraiser: Envy
Shadow: Clonage / Hawt
Frintezza: Hawt
Discord: Mitchel#3748

=drake=

Quote from: Clonage on April 02, 2014, 02:19:19 PM
Also a facebook raffle contest for everyone that shares l2DN page(1 random winner). Be creative :D

The first one is hard to monitor, second one is definitely doable :D

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: Clonage on April 02, 2014, 02:19:19 PM
I am open to hear more about 2nd idea, publicly or you can PM..

Appriciated
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

Meto

put some euros from donation to Fb advartise.. :D will be more efective then any topxx site.. :D

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

silent_death

Quote from: =drake= on April 02, 2014, 02:09:42 PM
The realist answer? Make our own topXX :D

Although I use AdBlock on my home PC and can see none of that shyte, a good idea maybe is some advertisement on sites like pmfun that everyone uses? (Seen a few banners for shitty servers on there)
Your friendly neighbourhood forum troll.

Clonage

My ideia was a Promotion Post on Facebook, done by a Admin, with server features, rates, population number, etc. At the end of the post you should say that whoever shares that post directly from l2DN page and "Likes" l2DN page, enters a contest that selects a random winner. Rewards should be apealling, for example 30DC.
You should also post on DN forum when the contest starts.

Other good contest would be a Promotion Movie Contest.

RetardedCP/AbyssCP

Ellesime

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on April 02, 2014, 02:34:29 PM
I am open to hear more about 2nd idea, publicly or you can PM..

Appriciated
these days facebook should easy own rankings like hopzone etc. the point is to do fanpage more popular i guess and
one of ways for it could be "fandealer" page - http://www.adfanyo.de/

I've never used it before but I hope it will help maybe :)

Clonage

Also the post should have anexed an image.

RetardedCP/AbyssCP

Trp

For me it seems, that there is good traffic of incomming players. Unfortunately many of them left soon after start. So question is: "What you can do to keep players on and happy". Dont be like big communication companies which will smile at you and promise you everything but when you sign in, they dont give a crap about you anymore :p

Most annoying stuff for me now are:

- Random restarts without any previous notice in chat (many of them in past week).
- Not working trick or transmutation event. (It realy makes you GMs look incompetent when you put it on, find out its bugged somehow and not being able to fix it for more than week already. Its not attempt to flame you, Im just saying its really bad advetisement for server because who want to play on server with incompetent gms)

silent_death

Quote from: Clonage on April 02, 2014, 03:13:34 PM
My ideia was a Promotion Post on Facebook, done by a Admin, with server features, rates, population number, etc. At the end of the post you should say that whoever shares that post directly from l2DN page and "Likes" l2DN page, enters a contest that selects a random winner. Rewards should be apealling, for example 30DC.
You should also post on DN forum when the contest starts.

Other good contest would be a Promotion Movie Contest.

IMO that isn't going to work. All the facebook friends I have that play L2 (not many) have already been spoken to privately, and it is very unlikely that a 10 year old game is going to attract brand new players, especially in a time when stuff like elder scrolls online is coming out
Your friendly neighbourhood forum troll.

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: Trp on April 02, 2014, 03:56:34 PM
For me it seems, that there is good traffic of incomming players. Unfortunately many of them left soon after start. So question is: "What you can do to keep players on and happy". Dont be like big communication companies which will smile at you and promise you everything but when you sign in, they dont give a crap about you anymore :p

Most annoying stuff for me now are:

- Random restarts without any previous notice in chat (many of them in past week).
- Not working trick or transmutation event. (It realy makes you GMs look incompetent when you put it on, find out its bugged somehow and not being able to fix it for more than week already. Its not attempt to flame you, Im just saying its really bad advetisement for server because who want to play on server with incompetent gms)
There is no restart without prior notice as you can see in announce section?

About event, speaking quite frankly i solved event issue whitin 48h after i wrote it, BUT meanwhile i discovered something interesting .
And that thing holded releasing it publicly. So what i discovered? I discovered simply that legit players couldnt have keyes (event item) in inventory while ONLY walker users did, so i let "test" mode of event running to gather nice chunk of data from db to get a picture and details who is who. It will be next aditional feature for walker users.
So we are pretty much competent admin and devs but i guess you cant have a clue what happens behind the curtain which makes you enjoy the game. So now you know the background.
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]

Clonage

Quote from: silent_death on April 02, 2014, 04:15:17 PM
IMO that isn't going to work. All the facebook friends I have that play L2 (not many) have already been spoken to privately, and it is very unlikely that a 10 year old game is going to attract brand new players, especially in a time when stuff like elder scrolls online is coming out
Well i also spoke to ppl privatly that didnt want to come, maybe watching a Admin post with features and good advertising they might find it interresting and at least check it out.

RetardedCP/AbyssCP