server management fail again or fishy? - Page 3

News:

Main Menu

server management fail again or fishy?

Started by ZeniT, February 10, 2014, 05:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmkaboo

Quote from: =drake= on February 10, 2014, 07:38:33 PM
Anyway, as everyone have different time zone and for sure my 18:00 is not your 18:00 (and in fact, my 18:00 is not even the server 18:00) you should use the command ingame called .time
type .time in the chat and you get the server time

The 7s change time is not at 18:00 servertime but is at 16:00 servertime.
In addition, the server follows "GMT+1 Amsterdam" (instead of UTC like Dragon) so depends on which part of the year it goes up/down by 1 hour.
hmm, my time is right now 19:40, when i do .time in game i get 19:40, so i assume my time = server time. if thats the case, something is broken because 7s didnt end at 16:00, but 17:00 my time. also 2 weeks ago 7s ended properly at 18:00 and there werent any time changes in the last two weeks.

vincent18

Quote from: =drake= on February 10, 2014, 07:05:03 PM
Why wait last 15min?
Reboot was announced too since yesterday....

7signs ends at 17:45 (as it then restarts at 18:00)
Reboot is announced 5 minutes before and is quite a lot spammed that is happening...
Downtime is 10 minutes to fully reload all

I see no corruption in this and seriously:
a) any registration could have been made in that 5 minutes timespan that you know server is going down
b) you had a week...

a) all in all it's not fair to make rr nearly the end of every event /festival, siege, epic boss, etc.../ u can rr all day, for example after 7s ending...
b) and u had 2 weeks to do something with lag, i dont think that the porblem is only on our side. there are insane lags for 10-15 seconds sometimes, and not my connection is bad, when 2 party has the same lag, same time.

=drake=

Quote from: pmkaboo on February 10, 2014, 07:47:32 PM
hmm, my time is right now 19:40, when i do .time in game i get 19:40, so i assume my time = server time. if thats the case, something is broken because 7s didnt end at 16:00, but 17:00 my time. also 2 weeks ago 7s ended properly at 18:00 and there werent any time changes in the last two weeks.

Dont confuse the two periods, they have an offset time of each other (was same also in old IL).
You probably never noticed on Dragon (if you played there) because the period is short (half week) so the offset is just 15-30min in middle of the week.

I will tell you now the exact periods of last 7s event:
Seal: 2014-01-27 16:15:00.000 to 2014-02-03 15:45:00.000
Event: 2014-02-03 16:00:00.000 to 2014-02-10 16:00:00.000

=drake=

Quote from: vincent18 on February 10, 2014, 08:04:12 PM
a) all in all it's not fair to make rr nearly the end of every event /festival, siege, epic boss, etc.../ u can rr all day, for example after 7s ending...
b) and u had 2 weeks to do something with lag, i dont think that the porblem is only on our side. there are insane lags for 10-15 seconds sometimes, and not my connection is bad, when 2 party has the same lag, same time.

a) is the reason we had no reboot yesterday to dont disrupt sunday gaming, maybe? :)
signup for 7s is not something like an epic raid boss that requires time, you had a full week of 10080 minutes and 5 minutes warning for reboot with constant spam where you could run for it instead of lose the train.
For all reboots there is always someone that would complain (being it programmed or a crash).
I even got complains because of offline shops being kicked for reboots even if i do it in morning...
Still, offline shops have more right to  complain because they are offline... but you was ingame and you saw the warning message spammed massively (not counting the whole week of time)

b) majority of people have zero lag issues and you have 6 dedicated proxies.

pmkaboo

Quote from: =drake= on February 10, 2014, 08:05:55 PM
Dont confuse the two periods, they have an offset time of each other (was same also in old IL).
You probably never noticed on Dragon (if you played there) because the period is short (half week) so the offset is just 15-30min in middle of the week.

I will tell you now the exact periods of last 7s event:
Seal: 2014-01-27 16:15:00.000 to 2014-02-03 15:45:00.000
Event: 2014-02-03 16:00:00.000 to 2014-02-10 16:00:00.000
yep i understand, what im saying is that:

Event from 2014-01-20 to 2014-01-27 ended at 18:00,
and Event from 2014-02-03 to 2014-02-10 ended at 17:00

both times are in my local time, which equals the time returned by .time in game.

ZeniT

Quote from: =drake= on February 10, 2014, 08:19:44 PM
a) is the reason we had no reboot yesterday to dont disrupt sunday gaming, maybe? :)
signup for 7s is not something like an epic raid boss that requires time, you had a full week of 10080 minutes and 5 minutes warning for reboot with constant spam where you could run for it instead of lose the train.
For all reboots there is always someone that would complain (being it programmed or a crash).
I even got complains because of offline shops being kicked for reboots even if i do it in morning...
Still, offline shops have more right to  complain because they are offline... but you was ingame and you saw the warning message spammed massively (not counting the whole week of time)

b) majority of people have zero lag issues and you have 6 dedicated proxies.

Are u serious?

So u want to tell us, this rr was made in perfect time, it was fair and correct and this don't affect competition?

NunoPitbull

Quote from: ZeniT on February 10, 2014, 09:02:17 PM

Are u serious?

So u want to tell us, this rr was made in perfect time, it was fair and correct and this don't affect competition?

I find this RR was better then it to be yesterday, when every1 could be at home playing and not a school/work. If your a 12 year old kid with no life to stay at home playing its not how the general population feels like:) Sorry m8, either ways this was the right call to do. I would agree it would have been better to do it at midday, but GMs and the staff also work and eat and have timeschedules.

Watch my DN Videos @ https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLv5j4v3iXRu4_tUU2rtBM8coghoTjQUtR

Subscribe for more and be updated: https://www.youtube.com/user/NunoPitbull?sub_confirmation=1

If you want drop me on PM some nice songs 4nextvid

ZeniT

Quote from: NunoPitbull on February 10, 2014, 09:09:17 PM
I find this RR was better then it to be yesterday, when every1 could be at home playing and not a school/work. If your a 12 year old kid with no life to stay at home playing its not how the general population feels like:) Sorry m8, either ways this was the right call to do. I would agree it would have been better to do it at midday, but GMs and the staff also work and eat and have timeschedules.

if u dont understand how this game work, and cant understand why was this rr time very bad, pls stop commenting. Noone would care about rr 1-2h befor or after 7s change. I know for ur casual ass its doesnt matter when gm make rr, but then pls stop commenting about it. THX

reddragonjr

People always qq complain,flame wtf seriously.
I didn't saw any ty post to Drake for all the job he is doing 24/7 so you guys have a stable and bugless server.And he's doing it since 10 years already.Put yourself in Drakes place?Reading every day during the years retarded posts...I bet you would jumped from a building 9000 times already.So instead of qq post I want to see more ty post or gtfo!Ty.

P.S.Drake keep on going!There still old school ppl here who respect you! :D
Tarantula SS2 Ninja TrIBaL The Shaman!
Dragon x15 Severance Ninja!
gl/he c2-c3 begin
TrIBaLu th/wl c3-c4-il-Hb
|TrIBaLu| he/pp c4-il-Hb
Always outnumbered! Never outgunned!

SumX

for al the guys that counted on Ninja 7s tis weak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX5Fcd8syp8

shit happens.... grow up kids

Teqi

SizeMatters

Dusk couldn't win this anyway so qqing here is pointless.