Web Analytics
Tank "nerfs" - Page 22

News:

Main Menu

Tank "nerfs"

Started by R0gan, February 24, 2014, 03:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silent_death

I honestly can't be bothered to keep this conversation going, I told you this is something I've tested in game, in Interlude, with friends on pvp servers (full 2hrs buff etc)

Instead of going around in circles like people have done in the last 10 years, just read these through and make your own mind up. This has all been discussed and re-discussed in forums.

http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=200973

http://forum.pmfun.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=991&start=75

Peace out.
Your friendly neighbourhood forum troll.

=drake=

Can the topic go back to Tanks or it was an Archer's Cry from the beginning?

Chicks

SR also has more dodge and accuracy as stock. HE is simply balanced between PR and SR and has (imo) the best possible subs, which is why it's probably the most played archer.

Especially now that deflect arrow is what it is and

Quote from: =drake= on March 16, 2014, 04:57:11 PM
Can the topic go back to Tanks or it was an Archer's Cry from the beginning?

I couldn't test my tank since I sold my wep and i'm off the tank class until it stabilise. I could get a shadow B wep to test it on my TK tonight if noone does before me.
I did use a BD (low lvl, 66) vs high lvl mobs (varka captain so 76-80 or so) (was supporting with the BD, aggroing for the fun of it)

What I did notice is that Aggro seemed a little bit OP on normal high lvl mobs (but I did not use it a LOT). 1 aggression was almost = to 2 nerco nuke lvl 78 or so, for a BD. It may be just luck, but it struck me as weird that it was working so hard at that lvl (BD having like aggro lvl 13 or so?).

In short for aggression : I cannot say anything conclusive on the subject.

I also noticed that Deflect arrow now drain mana (at least on the BD). If this is to stay, I can garantee 100% that I won't see any use to it in pvp/PVE vs archer mobs. Guard stance and shield fortress already drain wayyy too many mana (not complaining on those 2 skills here, don't get me wrong) to allow for an extra mana sink. Also, it still has a casting time, just like the old spell, but it's a toggle (that point was reported here previously by someone else.
The last of his kind
Tk/Es 80 -> sorc 76
Quote from: Brownxtown
he pwns ppl, they see his pink poney and there like OMG GHEY PONEY and they dont hit it then the pony uses its pro pink powers and they die and the dead ppl go WTF PONY HAX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76hYNCxHBUE

Garn.

didnt test aggression yet since im clanless and exping solo right now
Garn3tt  GS/SS exDN 15x
First Hero GS on server :D

Clonage

Aggro Feels better vs mobs, still sucks in pvp. Not worth using the tatto for trains, atleast for agro purpose....

RetardedCP/AbyssCP
Gaia: Misato / Ceres / Green
Nova: Envy
Ayrin: Ceres
Hellraiser: Envy
Shadow: Clonage / Hawt
Frintezza: Hawt
Discord: Mitchel#3748

Chicks

Quote from: Clonage on March 18, 2014, 10:40:14 AM
Aggro Feels better vs mobs, still sucks in pvp. Not worth using the tatto for trains, atleast for agro purpose....

I think it will suck in pvp for ever/till this server switch chronicle.

The tattoo though... ugh...
The last of his kind
Tk/Es 80 -> sorc 76
he pwns ppl, they see his pink poney and there like OMG GHEY PONEY and they dont hit it then the pony uses its pro pink powers and they die and the dead ppl go WTF PONY HAX

Clonage

Quote from: Chicks on March 18, 2014, 02:09:30 PM
I think it will suck in pvp for ever/till this server switch chronicle.

The tattoo though... ugh...
yup retail like aggro sucks donki ballz. Most server have it balance with more chance and force attack on 1st try(sometimes). I've played Tank for years on "L2off" interlude private servers and it was nothing compared to this. I was hero multiple times. Specially Frintezza 15x Substack. Im not saying that this server is not l2off, i actually believe this is more l2off then any other interlude i played, but the experiece playing as a tank is so different. Tank style doesnt feel viable in PvP.  The tatto is not relliable for pvp, atleast right now, 2 much mages. Even tho tanks can block projectiles...

RetardedCP/AbyssCP

=drake=

Quote from: Clonage on March 18, 2014, 03:08:15 PM
yup retail like aggro sucks donki ballz. Most server have it balance with more chance and force attack on 1st try(sometimes).

Tarantula Aggro skills (all of them, from tank specific skills to augment and tattoos) have +30% more pve aggro than official.
Additionally all those skills (for class skills, only the levels over 40 (so: tank), this means this rule does not affect for example the early Aggression obtained from Palus Knight ) all the aggression skills have from 15 to 25% chances to force an autoattack. (beside the switch target, that is from 40 to 70% depends by the skill. (Class Aggression skill have 70% switch target))

I dont really see more boost to be given here on Tanks...

Clonage

Thx for the buffs. I did say its better.  Does the force attack % apply only after switch target?
I tested it some weeks ago and i never got force attack on 1st try aggro.
Was it changed meanwhile?? How does the value go from 40 to 70?? nvm i got it... Skill +30 :D

RetardedCP/AbyssCP

=drake=

Quote from: Clonage on March 18, 2014, 04:04:48 PM
Thx for the buffs. I did say its better.  Does the force attack % apply only after switch target?
I tested it some weeks ago and i never got force attack on 1st try aggro.
Was it changed meanwhile?? How does the value go from 40 to 70?? nvm i got it... Skill +30 :D

Wrong, the +30 in Aggression gives you outstanding 100% switch target.

40% is base switch target for Hate Aura (enchant raises it +1% every +1)
60% is for Augmentation and Tattoo
70% is base switch target for Aggression (enchant raises it +1% every +1)

The force autoattack happen always if a "switch target" is triggered when they already target you.
If they are not targeting you yet, the force autoattack CAN happen as a fraction of the base switch target rate. (is 40% of it).

Example:
Aggression: 70% base switch target chance

if he dont have you as target:
70% chances he targets you
0.7*0.4=0.28=28% chances that you gain target AND autoattack too

if he have you as target:
70% chances he autoattacks you

Chicks

Quote from: =drake= on March 18, 2014, 04:40:29 PM
Wrong, the +30 in Aggression gives you outstanding 100% switch target.

40% is base switch target for Hate Aura (enchant raises it +1% every +1)
60% is for Augmentation and Tattoo
70% is base switch target for Aggression (enchant raises it +1% every +1)

The force autoattack happen always if a "switch target" is triggered when they already target you.
If they are not targeting you yet, the force autoattack CAN happen as a fraction of the base switch target rate. (is 40% of it).

Example:
Aggression: 70% base switch target chance

if he dont have you as target:
70% chances he targets you
0.7*0.4=0.28=28% chances that you gain target AND autoattack too

if he have you as target:
70% chances he autoattacks you

To me, the mana cost of Deflect arrow and the fact that shield wall is useless are more of a concern than a force attack.

Current deflect arrow cost is just a trade off from the 2 min "buff". If it could be made to work like Holy armor, for exemple (or holy wep), it would be better. No casting animation and only activation cost.

Shield wall well... Tbh the whole aggression thingy is pretty useless, as many of us stated plenty of times, while it seem to be ignored.

Aggression currently is doing fine I think, as the boost compensate for crits damage and the lack of hate reduction spells on some classes (read most classes).
The last of his kind
Tk/Es 80 -> sorc 76

=drake=

Quote from: Chicks on March 18, 2014, 05:37:29 PM
Shield wall well... Tbh the whole aggression thingy is pretty useless, as many of us stated plenty of times, while it seem to be ignored.

Is called "Tattoo of Wall", not "Tattoo of Aggro".
The main characteristics of this tattoo is the outstanding shield defence. The added aggro is just an extra.