Web Analytics
Your dagger experience (maybe a GM/coder can explain?) - Page 7

News:

Main Menu

Your dagger experience (maybe a GM/coder can explain?)

Started by Dag, June 18, 2009, 01:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindPhoenix

Quote from: zthrx on June 23, 2009, 06:53:54 PM
backstab is usually crit and takes hp, if you are lucky mages are min 3 blows each

and about dances/songs   it depends- if you are daggeer/tank better to have dances coz atk. speed is your only weapon (don't mention blows of coz >.>). If not, better take songs, coz dagger/tank on self has 2.1k def and 1.2-3k m def  ::)

plus a PW has 2 bluffs (bluff and blinding, that makes you turn your back as well) so getting behind someone for a backstab ain't that hard.

OMG, i know some dagger stuff :O
Quote from: Kamillo29 on July 19, 2009, 12:42:09 PM
teh almighty windpenixor the best pvper in DN history

Herza

Quote from: WindPhoenix on June 25, 2009, 02:11:10 AM
plus a PW has 2 bluffs (bluff and blinding, that makes you turn your back as well) so getting behind someone for a backstab ain't that hard.

OMG, i know some dagger stuff :O
no, "google ur friend"  ::)
Does freedom means that you can do whatever you want?

MyShalala
MentalEva
Herza

PoFon

Btw guys, any1 tested daggers+Black Blow? I heard you hit more backstab critical with that kind of SA, i bought and tested it, and i feel i hit more, but maybe just bcs i want to feel that :).
I'm polymerized tree sap and you're an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns to its original projectory and adheres to you.

kidicarus

[URL=http://img202.imageshack.us/i/defstats2.jpg/][/URL]

flameOne

Quote from: fontalia on June 24, 2009, 10:37:26 PM
Why people never try before speaking?
It was working on IL and it still work
(http://img209.imageshack.us/i/shot00013u.jpg/)
First blow with AS + CD +3 second on with AS +0 (don't tell me that the extra damages are from the +3 :p)

that extra dmg is becouse you dont have SA in your AS. giving SA to S grade weapon enhance dmg in pvp, thats the key. And about DS+MM, as far as i know when MM SA was dissabled there werent skills like backstab and lehtal strike, so as i read on retail forums that aditional 40 % bonus in landing rate, works only with deadly and mortal blow. anyway this is DNet not retail, so who knows...  sry for my english
hybAken TH/WK

fontalia

Quote from: PoFon on June 25, 2009, 10:20:40 AM
Btw guys, any1 tested daggers+Black Blow? I heard you hit more backstab critical with that kind of SA, i bought and tested it, and i feel i hit more, but maybe just bcs i want to feel that :).
This SA name is a "bit" disturbing cause back blow increase critical attack rate and has nothing to do with critical skills.
This is the skill effect use in this SA p_critical_rate_position_bonus you can find it in focus chance, POWind, assasin servitor and some SA.

fontalia

Quote from: flameOne on June 25, 2009, 10:53:03 AM
that extra dmg is becouse you dont have SA in your AS. giving SA to S grade weapon enhance dmg in pvp, thats the key. And about DS+MM, as far as i know when MM SA was dissabled there werent skills like backstab and lehtal strike, so as i read on retail forums that aditional 40 % bonus in landing rate, works only with deadly and mortal blow. anyway this is DNet not retail, so who knows...  sry for my english
OMG you are right ^^ i completly forgot about pvp bonus on SA :p
MM SA affect fatal blow skill it's all blows execpt backstab (on C4 pts don't how it is on DNeT now).

WindPhoenix

Quote from: Herza on June 25, 2009, 10:15:59 AM
no, "google ur friend"  ::)
nope, actually i learned it from F18Hornet, remember i have a level 76 PW? :D
Quote from: Kamillo29 on July 19, 2009, 12:42:09 PM
teh almighty windpenixor the best pvper in DN history

fontalia

Quote from: k0rina on June 25, 2009, 11:05:03 AM
so u failed again  u must go test bef0re speak and btw  try haste and cd daggers and u will realise dmg is same
Again? :p
I don't think i failed i will think it as soon as i see a proof :D

This time there is 2 crystal dagger one MM +4 the other one CD +3
no soulshot used not vicious stance only death wisper haste
First part with MM second with CD
SA CD on crystal dagger is only 140
But thx for telling that i failled cause with this new test i found something very usefull :D

WscieklyWaz

HB really messed up with dagger stats. Till interlude every1 were running around with +4dex+5con-9str dyes and were happy killer. Since HB STR is important for daggers. It affects 3 things:
-Lethal land rate (the both types of lethals 100% and the other)
-landing rate of blows(this thing isnt rly important when ur pw or aw becouse of focus death, which makes ur landing rate around 90% or more)
-skill critical rate(when u use skill and its wrote like "critical hit!" and dmg is doubled, like glads and tyrants skills, not the normal melee crits)

In IL every1 said that DEX affect landing rate etc. In HB it doesnt really affect the "skill(blows) connected things". I personaly use it only cuz it increases speed, atk speed(reuse time), evastion, melee crit rate. I dont know if it increase crit dmg...

Landing rate of blows is only affected by 3 skills (and probably STR since HB):
- assasination, which gives +7% chance
- focus death(changes the dmg too, less dmg from front, more from back)
- and MM, the old C3 DemonDagger SA

The damage of blows bases on Critical damage so:
-passive Critical power
-CD in dagger
-Buff DW
-Dance of fire
-VS

The things i wrote are confirmed for retail. But it should be similar here. Anyway, if we go that way the AW should be the best dagger ever: biggest dmg from blows(passives), highest lethal landing rate(highest str). I played aw/sk and pw/sws here. And aw rly has dmg much bigger, but pw obtain more lethals for sure. Thats ok cuz pw have to has his own adventage, otherwise with such low dmg woudnt be playable at all. But this makes no sense with the all i wrote. My only explenation is that passive Critical change affects lethal landing rate too(pw has lvl 4, aw lvl or doesnt have at all. That would make sense.

PS. Im sure STR affects lethal landing rate i changed dyes from -9str to -4str and i got more lathals for sure (on both chars)

zthrx

Quote from: WscieklyWaz on June 27, 2009, 01:07:58 PM
HB really messed up with dagger stats. Till interlude every1 were running around with +4dex+5con-9str dyes and were happy killer. Since HB STR is important for daggers. It affects 3 things:
-Lethal land rate (the both types of lethals 100% and the other)
-landing rate of blows(this thing isnt rly important when ur pw or aw becouse of focus death, which makes ur landing rate around 90% or more)
-skill critical rate(when u use skill and its wrote like "critical hit!" and dmg is doubled, like glads and tyrants skills, not the normal melee crits)

In IL every1 said that DEX affect landing rate etc. In HB it doesnt really affect the "skill(blows) connected things". I personaly use it only cuz it increases speed, atk speed(reuse time), evastion, melee crit rate. I dont know if it increase crit dmg...

Landing rate of blows is only affected by 3 skills (and probably STR since HB):
- assasination, which gives +7% chance
- focus death(changes the dmg too, less dmg from front, more from back)
- and MM, the old C3 DemonDagger SA

The damage of blows bases on Critical damage so:
-passive Critical power
-CD in dagger
-Buff DW
-Dance of fire
-VS

The things i wrote are confirmed for retail. But it should be similar here. Anyway, if we go that way the AW should be the best dagger ever: biggest dmg from blows(passives), highest lethal landing rate(highest str). I played aw/sk and pw/sws here. And aw rly has dmg much bigger, but pw obtain more lethals for sure. Thats ok cuz pw have to has his own adventage, otherwise with such low dmg woudnt be playable at all. But this makes no sense with the all i wrote. My only explenation is that passive Critical change affects lethal landing rate too(pw has lvl 4, aw lvl or doesnt have at all. That would make sense.

PS. Im sure STR affects lethal landing rate i changed dyes from -9str to -4str and i got more lathals for sure (on both chars)

I don't think that +4 str more give u much more blows  ::)

SLAYMORE

I really doubt STR affect landing rate. For skill critical rate and lethal rate - yes STR probably increases them (same was rumored on official servers and I noticed a huge boost in them when I switched from -9 STR to a +5 STR setup). STR is also important because of two other reasons which I won't share for now.

As for CD vs Haste daggers, I can say k0rina is generally right, however, he did not express himself correctly. The thing is that damage difference between a CD and a Haste dagger is not constant, but since the whole damage formula ends in .... /  P.def., the difference decreases with the increase of your target's P.def.
This means that while difference can be 150-200 damage when stabbing an NPC, it will be much lower when stabbing a 2k P.def. target. If someone claims that the damage difference between CD and Haste dagger is constant, I can just say that this isn't mathematically possible..
Here is what I found out yesterday about damage difference with a 48 STR full buffed (DW, fire dance, cov, cat buff) AW/SK vs a full buffed 2,2k p.def. HE/WK target
I used 4 weapons to compare the damages: AS+H+3, AS+CD+5, Icarus disperser+CD+0, AS+CD+12 and what I noticed was that:
-damage difference on stabs between AS+H+3 and AS+CD+5 is ~50 damage per stab
-icarus desperser+CD+0 and AS+CD+12 deal almost the same damage (AS+CD+12 does a little more)
-damage difference between AS+CD+5 and AS+CD+12/Icarus+CD+0 is ~50 damage per stab
-damage difference between AS+H+3 and AS+CD+12/Icarus disperser+CD+0 is ~100 damage per stab
The conclusions I made were as follow:
-AS+CD is still better for oly fights
-AS+H is better for full buffed fights like mass pvps
-Icarus+CD is not worth the coins
-and few others which I won't share for now

xD