Web Analytics
Servers merge ? - Page 5

News:

Main Menu

Servers merge ?

Started by lasombra, July 12, 2010, 09:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furesy

Personally I would only play on a server without Boss Jewels and without Custom Items like DNet sets, just B & A grade sets all the way, and make S grade EXTREMELY hard to get, and only through 7 signs, freak Baium, Antharas and Valakas. Best times on Lineage 2 were C2/C3 when entire server was in B grade and only a few in Majestic and DC set, only the rich and old players were in A grade. And people PvP'ed in B grade and every skill was useful since a lot landed with everyone having no boss jewels at all. Plus people PvP'ed a lot, since Castles were the best things you could get.

Nowadays it is just sitting in town all day waiting for the dungeon bosses to spawn so people can move their ass and go kill it (yay fun!, not)

Boring...

Gonzal

Quote from: Furesy on August 21, 2010, 05:13:54 PM
Personally I would only play on a server without Boss Jewels and without Custom Items like DNet sets, just B & A grade sets all the way, and make S grade EXTREMELY hard to get, and only through 7 signs, freak Baium, Antharas and Valakas. Best times on Lineage 2 were C2/C3 when entire server was in B grade and only a few in Majestic and DC set, only the rich and old players were in A grade. And people PvP'ed in B grade and every skill was useful since a lot landed with everyone having no boss jewels at all. Plus people PvP'ed a lot, since Castles were the best things you could get.

Nowadays it is just sitting in town all day waiting for the dungeon bosses to spawn so people can move their ass and go kill it (yay fun!, not)

Boring...
It will be more fun if u fight for the RB....
Zegladis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I9OY21RblQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l6rFZSguG4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3ApA5Lgmgw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWjfdIi8k3w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdRUsYpEZpM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnAUEJ6V1BA

ChillyWilly

I get nervous when you guys start talking about stuff like a merge...  aside from people not wanting their char's nicks changed, what about those who, like me, play on several of the servers already?  (well, ok, I'm not active on the others now, but I still don't want to lose my chars there  example:  one account, 7 chars on Dragon, 2 on NM, 5 on Arena, and 1 on Valky.  If we merge, what happens to the extra chars?   It's like killing off parts of me ...

Furesy

Quote from: Gonzal on August 21, 2010, 05:37:18 PM
It will be more fun if u fight for the RB....
Fighting for the dungeon bosses became lame the moment they started dropping Raid jewels, everyone just camped town and waited for them to spawn, only no-lifers camped those raids all the time to make sure to always get the jewels. From that very moment people stopped leaving towns unless it was for a dungeon boss, hence, lame.

WindPhoenix

Quote from: Furesy on August 22, 2010, 01:44:57 AM
Fighting for the dungeon bosses became lame the moment they started dropping Raid jewels, everyone just camped town and waited for them to spawn, only no-lifers camped those raids all the time to make sure to always get the jewels. From that very moment people stopped leaving towns unless it was for a dungeon boss, hence, lame.
that was never the real reason, what a flawed judgement.
Quote from: Kamillo29 on July 19, 2009, 12:42:09 PM
teh almighty windpenixor the best pvper in DN history

Furesy

Quote from: WindPhoenix on August 22, 2010, 03:31:52 PM
that was never the real reason, what a flawed judgement.
Really? What was it then?

People got bored? lol I played in C2/C3, I never got bored, I PvP'ed with unsubbed chars against subbed chars, and everyone was in B and C grade, fighting people in A grade, later even in S grade, and when the first +25 S weapons arrived on Dragon, people fought them with B grade items. Those were the best times on Dragon, that was before Dungeon bosses started to control the economy and the balance on the server. People fought for castles cause of the status it gave, by the mere reason to be 'better' than your enemy. That was the most fun, nothing else.

DarkVengeance

Quote from: Furesy on August 22, 2010, 03:36:24 PM

People got bored? lol I played in C2/C3, I never got bored, I PvP'ed with unsubbed chars against subbed chars, and everyone was in B and C grade, fighting people in A grade, later even in S grade, and when the first +25 S weapons arrived on Dragon, people fought them with B grade items. Those were the best times on Dragon, that was before Dungeon bosses started to control the economy and the balance on the server. People fought for castles cause of the status it gave, by the mere reason to be 'better' than your enemy. That was the most fun, nothing else.

Totally agree with you ... C2/C3 were the best times, there was a constant PVP at LoA, since it was the only high exp zone ... only few ppl had A grade and that didn't bring huge unbalance. Now everything is based on DNet equip and RB crap ... there's basically no open PVP, except the ones for big raids. And those attributes are just ruining everything.
Many ppl would come back and play C2/C3 or even C4, once again ... since it was the real L2 with loads of fun ...
Everything after C4 is one big mess ...

♥ Panic ♥
Valkyria x9
DarkVengeance NE/BP

Nightmare x30
iBurn WL/SR
AncientDevil OL/WC

Dragon x15
DarkVengeance GL/PP

WindPhoenix

Quote from: Furesy on August 22, 2010, 03:36:24 PM

the economy of Nightmare its controlled by DNET sets and Icarus items atm. The raid boss jewels are devaluated like shit. People treat AQ or Zaken like change in the supermarket when buying DNET sets. The custom items freaked up the economy, not the raid jewels.

Furesy

Quote from: WindPhoenix on August 22, 2010, 10:51:37 PM
the economy of Nightmare its controlled by DNET sets and Icarus items atm. The raid boss jewels are devaluated like shit. People treat AQ or Zaken like change in the supermarket when buying DNET sets. The custom items freaked up the economy, not the raid jewels.
Yea right dude, the server got already freaked long before it moved to Interlude and those DNet sets were introduced, long before that the market, and total gameplay on the servers were already freaked up.
People were whining on forums they wanted Interlude, since it would 'spice up the server, create more fun, new areas, new items, new challenges' and all that other shit, well what happened? Nothing much, server just went from bad to worse.

You talk about 'at the moment' while this server was digging its own grave long before those custom items were introduced, there was only one simple reason those were introduced in the first place. To get some extra out of the servers, as they were already going down.

I've said this for years already, and a lot of my friends can confirm that. Boss jewels are the things that destroyed the game Lineage 2 which a lot of us loved so much during C2/C3 times.

Azreil

whoa server merging? ummmm awesome!? im coming back woooo!

I love you guys <3

Azreil

I love you guys <3

WindPhoenix

Quote from: Furesy on August 23, 2010, 12:36:09 AM
Yea right dude, the server got already freaked long before it moved to Interlude and those DNet sets were introduced, long before that the market, and total gameplay on the servers were already freaked up.
People were whining on forums they wanted Interlude, since it would 'spice up the server, create more fun, new areas, new items, new challenges' and all that other shit, well what happened? Nothing much, server just went from bad to worse.

You talk about 'at the moment' while this server was digging its own grave long before those custom items were introduced, there was only one simple reason those were introduced in the first place. To get some extra out of the servers, as they were already going down.

I've said this for years already, and a lot of my friends can confirm that. Boss jewels are the things that destroyed the game Lineage 2 which a lot of us loved so much during C2/C3 times.
to be honest, i never gave it so much thought. Maybe it was dying before i noticed it.