suggestion for oly - Page 7

News:

Main Menu

suggestion for oly

Started by Garn., March 28, 2014, 09:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garn.

Quote from: =drake= on March 31, 2014, 02:04:28 PM
If buffs have to be putted, for the sake of substack system would make more sense if are (basic) buffs that ALL buffer class have.
Else you get the (strong) combo XX/buffer that was missing "that" specific buff even more powerful.

for example: official acumen buff and the sps/ee.
They have already a good quantity of buffs and this way they would get 1 extra more.

EDIT: for example would make much more sense Shield and Might, alongside WW, as buffs in Oly.
lvl 1 acumen wouldnt change so much imho
Garn3tt  GS/SS exDN 15x
First Hero GS on server :D

=drake=

Quote from: Garn. on March 31, 2014, 02:43:27 PM
lvl 1 acumen wouldnt change so much imho

The main "issue" in oly is simply that XX/buffers have all buffs and XX/nonbuffer have nearly none.
The whole thread complain is related to non-buffers having none.
If we add buffs that some buffers dont have, result is simply even stronger xx/buffers
And guess what: Acumen is not on EE so XX/EE gets even more buffs.

My proposal would be:
all mages: Shield + WW2 (ww like retail)
all fighters: Might + WW1 (ww like retail)
everyone: Olympiad Blessing

we can choose if having them only at start of match or recasted after XX seconds in case they disappear (cancel)

Alex

Quote from: =drake= on March 31, 2014, 02:56:28 PM
The main "issue" in oly is simply that XX/buffers have all buffs and XX/nonbuffer have nearly none.
The whole thread complain is related to non-buffers having none.
If we add buffs that some buffers dont have, result is simply even stronger xx/buffers
And guess what: Acumen is not on EE so XX/EE gets even more buffs.

My proposal would be:

we can choose if having them only at start of match or recasted after XX seconds in case they disappear (cancel)
if you dont mind my question, what does olympiad blessing give? i failed to find any description to that buff in add-ons topic
ShowStopper having a break from hard GM work:

Dagger Allstarsâ,,¢

Garn.

Quote from: =drake= on March 31, 2014, 02:56:28 PM

My proposal would be:
if u dont want acumen, then
shield+ww2 mages
haste1 ww1 fighters
Garn3tt  GS/SS exDN 15x

=drake=

Quote from: Alex on March 31, 2014, 03:02:56 PM
if you dont mind my question, what does olympiad blessing give? i failed to find any description to that buff in add-ons topic

Right now? nothing.
Later will probably change with some embedded effects like we had in the past in DNET IL: example is embedded HP/MP regen or similars.
We dont have them active since day1 because we want first see how is going without then (mostly the choices are linked to current PVP damage reduction)

Garn.

Quote from: =drake= on March 31, 2014, 03:21:51 PM
Right now? nothing.
Later will probably change with some embedded effects like we had in the past in DNET IL: example is embedded HP/MP regen or similars.
We dont have them active since day1 because we want first see how is going without then (mostly the choices are linked to current PVP damage reduction)
please dont.
Garn3tt  GS/SS exDN 15x

=drake=

Quote from: Garn. on March 31, 2014, 03:29:13 PM
please dont.

Did you read the remaining part?

Quote from: Garn. on March 31, 2014, 03:03:08 PM
if u dont want acumen, then
shield+ww2 mages
haste1 ww1 fighters

Haste have same issue of Acumen.
Haste and Acumen are good on retail without substack but retail dont have the xx/buffer issue.

As i said, buffs on oly for a stacksub server should be buffs that all buffers have, this way xx/buffers dont gain extra buffs from the already big list they have access to.

Acumen is not on EE, adding it would boost SP/EE (in comparison to all other classes included other mage/buffers)
Haste is not on all buffers too. adding it would boost fighter/buffers that dont have it making the difference against non-buffers even greater.

The only two skills that are basic buffs and are shared between all buffers are Might & Shield.

Clonage

Also if you see it that way retail buffs multiply DPS. If you add might qnd shield ur giving 1 offensive buff and 1 defensive. Its going to be rly hard to balance Olys :x
Your ideia is good drake but its kinda meh for mages to get shield vs other mages.

RetardedCP/AbyssCP
Gaia: Misato / Ceres / Green
Nova: Envy
Ayrin: Ceres
Hellraiser: Envy
Shadow: Clonage / Hawt
Frintezza: Hawt
Discord: Mitchel#3748

Peorexo

Quote from: =drake= on March 31, 2014, 03:37:05 PM
Did you read the remaining part?

Haste have same issue of Acumen.
Haste and Acumen are good on retail without substack but retail dont have the xx/buffer issue.

As i said, buffs on oly for a stacksub server should be buffs that all buffers have, this way xx/buffers dont gain extra buffs from the already big list they have access to.

Acumen is not on EE, adding it would boost SP/EE (in comparison to all other classes included other mage/buffers)
Haste is not on all buffers too. adding it would boost fighter/buffers that dont have it making the difference against non-buffers even greater.

The only two skills that are basic buffs and are shared between all buffers are Might & Shield.
why u rly dont like the hastelv1 idea for fighters? 15% atk speed would make class like ty/ol op? or already zilion glad's/pp would be stronger with 1lv haste instead pp ones?

=drake=

Quote from: Peorexo on March 31, 2014, 07:19:29 PM
why u rly dont like the hastelv1 idea for fighters? 15% atk speed would make class like ty/ol op? or already zilion glad's/pp would be stronger with 1lv haste instead pp ones?

Yes, it would make ty/ol even stronger.
For fighters on a substack server makes much more sense "Might" as buff given for free in oly. The only fighter classes that have issues are the ones not subbed to buffers and all buffers have Might so adding "Might" boosts none of the fighter/buffers but slightly shorters the difference between buffers and not-buffers.

For mages is a big harder. The only common buff in all of them is Shield. It would be good choice but works only in fighter vs mage and not in mage vs mage (as someone pointed out).
But is also true that the appealing choices in a mage subclass arent so wide (most of the times relying to mage/buffer)

DaggerIsMyLife

I wanted to finish my PW SWS but had to reroll cause no haste and oly is just for GL/PP , TY/WC, PP/WK and EE/ES other classes are pointless, while on last IL pw sws was strong enemy now is bullsh1t .
Anyway Daggers here are unplayable at all.
Mage/XX and Archer/XX it will be out of town and those 4 classes above are olympiad classes.
so sad

=drake=

Quote from: DaggerIsMyLife on March 31, 2014, 08:00:11 PM
Anyway Daggers here are unplayable at all.

What is your issue with Daggers?