Tried the server, here's my thoughts.. - Page 17

News:

Main Menu

Tried the server, here's my thoughts..

Started by Mordyn, March 31, 2014, 05:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Quote from: LadyZENITH on April 01, 2014, 05:31:34 AM
Long rant coming! Skip it everyone, except you.

You are too idealistic, its impossible to bring back those times and it isnt even that much about the game itself or people who play it, it is, as much silly as it sounds, about the integration of online gaming into the world. The earliest years of lineage on DNET happened to cover the end of the golden age of online games where everyone would play just the game, play for fun. What we face today is that the painful majority of online gamers are taking games overly competitively and for them online game is more like a workplace, not a place where they have fun, enough to take a look on server-switching clans.

Players are much bigger douchebags these days (and since many years) and switching sides for a chance of easier cash/char/you name it is a normal thing and isnt judged by anyone anymore. The worst what may happen is being refused and laughed upon, but as long as you have at least basic gear you are very unlikely to be rejected by any clan that relies on numbers, no matter whats your backstory.

And the "no retreat no surrender" behavior isnt really going to be upheld by anyone anymore, if someone fails they'd much rather leave to go elsewhere. And thats actually not completely wrong, if games are here to have fun at then people can go wherever else they have fun at since there are many other places to go nowadays and Im not even speaking of other servers here, its not like 10 years ago when it were just lineage2, WoW, CS and dota.

So you cant bring it back, the best what you can do is playing and enjoying your game in the way you want and with whoever you want.
ShowStopper having a break from hard GM work:

Dagger Allstarsâ,,¢

Painkiler

Like i said before
Old community grow up, and the new, younger players want everything faster and easier, that's a fact. With such x5 at end you would end with a 500 'old' players after 6-7 months, because there is no leader that will form a zerg against top clans. For many people here pvp start when they will be full S and with sub, community in the MMO degenerated after playing many new games where everything is a lot easier.

Clonage

Quote from: Mordyn on April 01, 2014, 04:58:33 AM
If you want people to be more open to pvp there needs to be less of a penalty xp wise. The rates are so low people know better than to flag, die & lose an hour of leveling.
Have you being playing on Tarantula??... Base ressurrection gives 40%(scroll) exp back. Healing classes give 100% or smth similar.

RetardedCP/AbyssCP
Gaia: Misato / Ceres / Green
Nova: Envy
Ayrin: Ceres
Hellraiser: Envy
Shadow: Clonage / Hawt
Frintezza: Hawt
Discord: Mitchel#3748

Sig

Server is good and it doesn’t need changes. I guess ppl from old Zenith/Infinity complain less than ppl to whom L2 is new or ppl from Dragon or Nightmare. On Zenith, I remember making 7% per 4 hours until I reached lvl allowing me to cubclass. So those rates on Tarantula are not bad for me, they rather make the server oldschool. Other thing is that I don’t have so patient ass to farm 4 hours anymore.
LadyZenith is right, that its more problem about new genre of L2 players, who already know, that L2 can be fast. They are not used to oldschool. And oldschool players, they also are more bored with game, more aged, and have other fun things to do. So it’s a matter of expectations. If ppl expect fast exp and fast domination (and most L2 players now do), they leave. If ppl expect long term playing â€" they’ll stay. Soon this or other new H5 server starts and all those fast-playas will join there, just to quit in 3 months. And I wouldn’t fear for Tarantula fate. Players who want to play, will always make more or less interesting server history it’s a matter of time. LadyZenith brought server sides history. In some way I was part of it, but far more I participated in other low rate server history. Similar war, similar hate, betrayals, spy actions. I left that server 2 years ago. I thought everything is over there. No such thing, it lived on, created more sides, histories and wars, even with lower online. And it still does. So, imo, just wait, I think there will eb nice actions sooner or later.

Painkiler

Quote from: Sig on April 01, 2014, 10:40:47 AM
Server is good and it doesn’t need changes. I guess ppl from old Zenith/Infinity complain less than ppl to whom L2 is new or ppl from Dragon or Nightmare. On Zenith, I remember making 7% per 4 hours until I reached lvl allowing me to cubclass. So those rates on Tarantula are not bad for me, they rather make the server oldschool. Other thing is that I don’t have so patient ass to farm 4 hours anymore.
LadyZenith is right, that its more problem about new genre of L2 players, who already know, that L2 can be fast. They are not used to oldschool. And oldschool players, they also are more bored with game, more aged, and have other fun things to do. So it’s a matter of expectations. If ppl expect fast exp and fast domination (and most L2 players now do), they leave. If ppl expect long term playing â€" they’ll stay. Soon this or other new H5 server starts and all those fast-playas will join there, just to quit in 3 months. And I wouldn’t fear for Tarantula fate. Players who want to play, will always make more or less interesting server history it’s a matter of time. LadyZenith brought server sides history. In some way I was part of it, but far more I participated in other low rate server history. Similar war, similar hate, betrayals, spy actions. I left that server 2 years ago. I thought everything is over there. No such thing, it lived on, created more sides, histories and wars, even with lower online. And it still does. So, imo, just wait, I think there will eb nice actions sooner or later.
Tell me, which server was most populated years ago, infinity or dragon? Which server remain at the end? Infinity or dragon? This is a old game, there is maybe max 5% of players that appreciate this 'oldschool', because it's back from their memories. Like u said, after ten years, players want to skip this boring exp phase and just pvp without fear, they want to asslick top clans, rather to fight them and win the glory and epics.

Sig

IMO the main reason why those servers died, were mutants, not rates. And maybe donation too (at shadow x 10 for sure).

Painkiler

Quote from: Sig on April 01, 2014, 11:15:47 AM
IMO the main reason why those servers died, were mutants, not rates. And maybe donation too (at shadow x 10 for sure).
Dragon had the same, and was corrupted like hell.

stanko

Quote from: Alex on April 01, 2014, 10:18:49 AM
You are too idealistic, its impossible to bring back those times and it isnt even that much about the game itself or people who play it, it is, as much silly as it sounds, about the integration of online gaming into the world. The earliest years of lineage on DNET happened to cover the end of the golden age of online games where everyone would play just the game, play for fun. What we face today is that the painful majority of online gamers are taking games overly competitively and for them online game is more like a workplace, not a place where they have fun, enough to take a look on server-switching clans.

Players are much bigger douchebags these days (and since many years) and switching sides for a chance of easier cash/char/you name it is a normal thing and isnt judged by anyone anymore. The worst what may happen is being refused and laughed upon, but as long as you have at least basic gear you are very unlikely to be rejected by any clan that relies on numbers, no matter whats your backstory.

And the "no retreat no surrender" behavior isnt really going to be upheld by anyone anymore, if someone fails they'd much rather leave to go elsewhere. And thats actually not completely wrong, if games are here to have fun at then people can go wherever else they have fun at since there are many other places to go nowadays and Im not even speaking of other servers here, its not like 10 years ago when it were just lineage2, WoW, CS and dota.

So you cant bring it back, the best what you can do is playing and enjoying your game in the way you want and with whoever you want.
sad but true
Bajchos  Eon  plavusha

https://youtu.be/WLnwxNHJ7bA
https://youtu.be/IpDxIT8OyQM
https://youtu.be/dXtZ8UNmMts
https://youtu.be/NZEI5WUv2_o

N!k

Small example from my own l2 history.
I started to play in time when ss you need to press manually (c-2/3), old <3 cursor and majority of people were creating parties of random classes on half buff. Movies from LZ approves it(and it's even higher chronicals).
Ofc it's history, ofc it's memories, ofc it was awesome times. But major ammount of  pvp was on low quality/ there was nothing like CP just random people joining pt. Yes they were friendly & loyal to the clan/ally but all pvps at that times was more like group of 100-150 people attacking group of same ammount. Team/party work was provided mb by 5% of server.
Now community grow up so evryone who r trying to organize smth want to avoid old mistakes of the past and make their groups of people (clans) better then b4.
I dont want to deside for the rest of people on server but that group what i am leading are 90% old players and ofc we know how to lvl/gear up and rest and ofc we want to join actions as much as possible but excuse me we r playing two/three weeks so it's normaly that on our 77lvl/no sub we cant face subbed parties. (even if i accepted all wars from "top" clans).
All gameplay nowadays are based on cp work. People who will be able to create/finde a stable working CP will make a future generation of server. There is no way to play like in old times and there is no pont to talk about it.
[Stalingard! Dnx15]    HNofs 2005-2014 Offline
[Fear Tarax3]             Narayan  2014     Offline
https://www.facebook.com/StalingradTeam
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2vjKyzWi09g5yT_oSH7YfQ

Garn.

Quote from: N!k on April 01, 2014, 12:49:22 PM
Small example from my own l2 history.
I started to play in time when ss you need to press manually (c-2/3), old <3 cursor and majority of people were creating parties of random classes on half buff. Movies from LZ approves it(and it's even higher chronicals).
i broke 2 keyboards because of that  :'( :'(
Garn3tt  GS/SS exDN 15x
First Hero GS on server :D

remeron

Quote from: TheBlackPhoenix on April 01, 2014, 02:51:39 AM
You are a  moron. You should get permaban for your high stupidity.

WTF man, just chill, a slight change of game is not the end of ur life,

N!k

Quote from: Garn. on April 01, 2014, 01:02:50 PM
i broke 2 keyboards because of that  :'( :'(
you dont know ancient wisdom? aka STICK SMTH IN DA KEY? xD
[Stalingard! Dnx15]    HNofs 2005-2014 Offline
[Fear Tarax3]             Narayan  2014     Offline
https://www.facebook.com/StalingradTeam
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2vjKyzWi09g5yT_oSH7YfQ