Garn.

Quote from: N!k on April 01, 2014, 01:13:32 PM
you dont know ancient wisdom? aka STICK SMTH IN DA KEY? xD
yes, but only after 2 keyboards xD
Garn3tt  GS/SS exDN 15x
First Hero GS on server :D

LadyZENITH

Quote from: Painkiler on April 01, 2014, 10:45:06 AM
Tell me, which server was most populated years ago, infinity or dragon? Which server remain at the end? Infinity or dragon? This is a old game, there is maybe max 5% of players that appreciate this 'oldschool', because it's back from their memories. Like u said, after ten years, players want to skip this boring exp phase and just pvp without fear, they want to asslick top clans, rather to fight them and win the glory and epics.
I know dragon, but I tell you which server was better. Ifinity. I mean for the first 3 years of its existence, after that came the adena exploit and mutants, which killed it so later Drake had to put DNsets and other OP stuff for donate and later even merge the servers. But before the mutants and exploits, it was rolling good and we were not loosing people. And what that crap happened, Drake betrayed us. Even as community we allsticked together by that point, working out the best possible fix scenario, but...  He refused to listen, refused to fix the economy, and the mutants he promissed to ban stayed. That flushed half of the community away. And I belive now, he is way more experienced and will not repeat the same mistakes.

Quote from: Alex on April 01, 2014, 10:18:49 AM
You are too idealistic, its impossible to bring back those times and it isnt even that much about the game itself or people who play it, it is, as much silly as it sounds, about the integration of online gaming into the world. The earliest years of lineage on DNET happened to cover the end of the golden age of online games where everyone would play just the game, play for fun. What we face today is that the painful majority of online gamers are taking games overly competitively and for them online game is more like a workplace, not a place where they have fun, enough to take a look on server-switching clans.

Players are much bigger douchebags these days (and since many years) and switching sides for a chance of easier cash/char/you name it is a normal thing and isnt judged by anyone anymore. The worst what may happen is being refused and laughed upon, but as long as you have at least basic gear you are very unlikely to be rejected by any clan that relies on numbers, no matter whats your backstory.

And the "no retreat no surrender" behavior isnt really going to be upheld by anyone anymore, if someone fails they'd much rather leave to go elsewhere. And thats actually not completely wrong, if games are here to have fun at then people can go wherever else they have fun at since there are many other places to go nowadays and Im not even speaking of other servers here, its not like 10 years ago when it were just lineage2, WoW, CS and dota.

So you cant bring it back, the best what you can do is playing and enjoying your game in the way you want and with whoever you want.
Believe me I tried those other games, and Im here cause they suck. Im really not here for the shallow pvp that L2 offers, it excels only in mass pvp which I'm not getting. I invested years in fallowing Tera, it turned to be instanced bullshit, GW2 ill not even comment, then Archeage which the company decided to kill (fill with peacezones and pvp restrictions) even before it made its way to the west. There is no other game. I refuse to play game where I dont have political freedom (it has set factions) or it limits open pvp, or it is besed around instances, or its progression is limited to questchains and dailies. That I refuse. Now show me the game I can play except this.

And also define "fun" You know, for me fullbuff pt endgame pvp is not the climax of fun in this game, for me its politics, messing up things, pissing people off, you know the emotions. I do not need to pew pew but I need to cause conflicts and hate. You know... the spice must flow. And I love the un-even wars, the zerg vs few elites scenario. I loved the days when we resisted TLA with whatever we could over the days when we made perfect parties and layed waste, but.... both were nice, cause it was huge pvp. Hell most of the time I was "the sniper" aka i had pc fast enough to have 8fps instead of 2, so I was giving targets rest of the party just taking ti and facerolling the keyboard. I want sieges that big. Thats fun. Pt vs PT pvp... is not, thats kinda waste of time for me, i try to avoid said situation cause i can invest my time better.

And in the end you are right, best is for everyone to enjoy it the way you want. Thats why Im here, fighting people that wait to ruin that fun by making the server easy, instant endgame, instant glorification.

Quote from: Sig on April 01, 2014, 10:40:47 AM
Server is good and it doesn’t need changes. I guess ppl from old Zenith/Infinity complain less than ppl to whom L2 is new or ppl from Dragon or Nightmare. On Zenith, I remember making 7% per 4 hours until I reached lvl allowing me to cubclass. So those rates on Tarantula are not bad for me, they rather make the server oldschool. Other thing is that I don’t have so patient ass to farm 4 hours anymore.
LadyZenith is right, that its more problem about new genre of L2 players, who already know, that L2 can be fast. They are not used to oldschool. And oldschool players, they also are more bored with game, more aged, and have other fun things to do. So it’s a matter of expectations. If ppl expect fast exp and fast domination (and most L2 players now do), they leave. If ppl expect long term playing â€" they’ll stay. Soon this or other new H5 server starts and all those fast-playas will join there, just to quit in 3 months. And I wouldn’t fear for Tarantula fate. Players who want to play, will always make more or less interesting server history it’s a matter of time. LadyZenith brought server sides history. In some way I was part of it, but far more I participated in other low rate server history. Similar war, similar hate, betrayals, spy actions. I left that server 2 years ago. I thought everything is over there. No such thing, it lived on, created more sides, histories and wars, even with lower online. And it still does. So, imo, just wait, I think there will eb nice actions sooner or later.
Yes I agree,. Let the nolifer kiddos and highrate lovers leave. Just let them go. They jump from server to server anyway. If after a year we have a stable 500 oldschool people online community ill rather play with them then with what we have now.

Infinity 5x: LadyZENITH - sps/sws - retired :(

Mordyn

Nobody is asking for instant gratification. A small increase will not hurt anything.
But thats fine, continue to be completely naive to the situation.
FallenLegion recruiting! Sick of the children? Tired of getting back stabbed? You no buff buff mengz? Join FL TODAY! Disclaimer: Only FLUENT English speaking players around, join or suffer the consequences...   www.FallenLegion.us

LadyZENITH

Come and fight. Hunt me, stop me, ruin my day! Thats all what I ask for. If you cant, do it to someone else on your level. You know, L2 is not only about total endgame, you can have the same fun pvping at lvl 70 as on lvl 80, hell most castles are abandoned, you can even from group and take one and the nolifer clans may not even care or interrupt your fun. I will try to interrupt their fun cause I dislike them. Thats the L2.

I see no point in making the server easy, no point.

Sig

And there is another argument for ppl that complain about slow exp. Here U have to make 80 lvl and get S grades & epics. Maybe OE them. Yes its slow and hard. But on H5 u have to make 1 x 85 lvl +3 x 75 (or 80), get top S84, epics (blessed ones too), OE them, make full attributes, belts, cloaks. Where is end game “fun” closer? Im talking about H5 cus almost all servers with decent files and online number are on H5. And in H5 all is about 7RB â€" make zerg of low geared chars to kill 7RB and get vespers, win server, change to another. Shame other, normal players waste 3 months for this. If u wanna join this bullshit, go. But u can also invest in slow, but stable server, like here. PS. I wont even mention “ethnic-language” problems on “those servers”.

=drake=

Guys, please check changelog.

It should be pretty much fair for everyone.

Go on discussing (also about the latest changes).

Mordyn

Quote from: LadyZENITH on April 01, 2014, 04:32:34 PM
Come and fight. Hunt me, stop me, ruin my day! Thats all what I ask for. If you cant, do it to someone else on your level. You know, L2 is not only about total endgame, you can have the same fun pvping at lvl 70 as on lvl 80, hell most castles are abandoned, you can even from group and take one and the nolifer clans may not even care or interrupt your fun. I will try to interrupt their fun cause I dislike them. Thats the L2.

Keep asking for something you aren't going to get. There are not enough hardcore L2 players anymore. Hell, if this was 3-4 years ago I would be right there with you playing in top gear/level having a blast. It's not about it being "easier" for me. I don't want to invest time in a slow leveling curve when it's blatantly obvious that MOST people don't want to anymore. The server will not maintain a high population with a low rate, it's just common sense. AS I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS ENTIRE TIME.
FORGET about the "easy" statement. You will have noone to fight before too long if it stays this way.
Are you completely blind? Ask around, every single person I have approached has commented on the stupid xp curve and that I should just quit because they are bored at high level.
Appeal to the masses, and you will prosper.
The stack sub system is great, but noone wants to put in this much effort anymore. I'm looking at the big picture here, open your eyes! ;-)
FallenLegion recruiting! Sick of the children? Tired of getting back stabbed? You no buff buff mengz? Join FL TODAY! Disclaimer: Only FLUENT English speaking players around, join or suffer the consequences...   www.FallenLegion.us

LadyZENITH

Quote from: Mordyn on April 01, 2014, 05:01:46 PM
Keep asking for something you aren't going to get. There are not enough hardcore L2 players anymore. Hell, if this was 3-4 years ago I would be right there with you playing in top gear/level having a blast. It's not about it being "easier" for me. I don't want to invest time in a slow leveling curve when it's blatantly obvious that MOST people don't want to anymore. The server will not maintain a high population with a low rate, it's just common sense. AS I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS ENTIRE TIME.
FORGET about the "easy" statement. You will have noone to fight before too long if it stays this way.
Are you completely blind? Ask around, every single person I have approached has commented on the stupid xp curve and that I should just quit because they are bored at high level.
Appeal to the masses, and you will prosper.
The stack sub system is great, but noone wants to put in this much effort anymore. I'm looking at the big picture here, open your eyes! ;-)
You address me as someone who is on the top and plays hardcore. Nope,m I'm not the very 1st league, nope. I do not pull in insane hours, a normal working person hours. Same i did loong time ago on . and hell i made there no 1 pp on server. I know none played that crap class but still, stuff can be done with enough effort. You just want stuff too cheap and too easy and without any effort put in to it. That would kill the game for us, period. Most of the L2 servers are easy and fast , go there, do not ruin our game.

The only thing I agree with you is that the "curve" is wrong. There should not have been any curve, by that i mean dynamic exp. It actually demotivates people, aka as you progress it feels like every level is so much harder and harder. This feature should not have been there and the server should have been flat 5x from the get go.

Quote from: =drake= on April 01, 2014, 05:00:20 PM
Guys, please check changelog.

It should be pretty much fair for everyone.

Go on discussing (also about the latest changes).
I call those changes acceptable. Except the baium I do not see how it is going to help anything, but it is acceptable, thus I do not see it ruin anything and that's what I care about. I also support your GOE changes.

Now my fear goes to, you made one step backwards you will continue to do so... In a week those people will sub, run in to the SP problems and cry for you to make that easer, and then that and that..... you know what I mean.

ZeniT

Wtf is this?
Touching rates? What for?

I am srsly fvcking mad, cuz never seen such a retard server before, where a random idiot who joined server 2 days ago open a topic about rates and gms 1 day later already modify it. You just changed rates cuz a newcomer retard + 5 guy from same randomtrash clan want it. Nice job.

Can you guarantee no more future server specific changes?

LadyZENITH

Quote from: ZeniT on April 01, 2014, 05:27:08 PM
Wtf is this?
Touching rates? What for?

I am srsly fvcking mad, cuz never seen such a retard server before, where a random idiot who joined server 2 days ago open a topic about rates and gms 1 day later already modify it. You just changed rates cuz a newcomer retard + 5 guy from same randomtrash clan want it. Nice job.

Can you guarantee no more future server specific changes?
+ 1

This is the last big change, if you change the fundamentals on the server, you will lose the community.

N!k

Quote from: LadyZENITH on April 01, 2014, 04:32:34 PM

Collect some ammount of people who would like to follow your ideas>>sent a wars to all the server and go to any loc like hs or Varka & you will finde you "fun" or join Baium/Golkonda pvpsif you have bigger ballz. But no1 would join empty words and dead projects based on mistical "hate". best pvp evah was on TOP farm spots aka baium, Golka and rest. Not bcoz player A hate player B.
And pl0x stop cry for kurwa sake.
[Stalingard! Dnx15]    HNofs 2005-2014 Offline
[Fear Tarax3]             Narayan  2014     Offline
https://www.facebook.com/StalingradTeam
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2vjKyzWi09g5yT_oSH7YfQ

=^TrackZero^=

What changes are you talking about, don't tell me it is 4,5 --> 5x? Because the change is 0.5 transferred to real EXP its actually extremely minor change, apart that i don't see any other big change on high level, except obvious subbing at lv76 which is fine. So i don't see the reason of complains again if you want to be objective.
[url=https://discord.com/invite/uhaWxzH7NP] JOIN OUR DISCORD[/url]