Web Analytics
Mana potions implementation - Page 6

News:

Main Menu

Mana potions implementation

Started by =^TrackZero^=, July 04, 2014, 11:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grensid

I have voted for No, because I thought that mana potions you wanted to implement are that spammable ones.
But now, as I understand that this implementation will be based on HoT effect.... I believe it won't be that bad.
I'm fine with not having mana pots. I played way a lot on retail servers and I never had problems with that. Mana pots are not needed here as you can play smartfully already from the beginning. Just you need to know-how. But if you'll implement reasonable mana pots, than I'm okay with that also.

To all the people who think that it's the end of the world. I assure you, it is not.
Don't you worry. Mana potions based on Heal over Time effect are not overpowered and they will change gameplay, but won't ruin it if they'll be smartly done. After all we're not talking about spammable stuff that makes you full mana in just one moment.

They will regenerate mana OVER TIME and I truly believe GMs will care to make reasonable amount of mana regenerated per tick. So the value of regenerated mana won't be too high. Track, am I right, ah?

If set to reasonable amount of regeneration, mana potion will reward smart players and noobs won't have much use of it. There was that server once, L2Fortuna (R.I.P.), many years ago. The mana potions there regenerated over time not too high and not too small amount of mana. The fouls who didn't know how to play ran out of mana even with such potions, so they required thinking. If we'd implement the same way as it was at ol' Fortuna server, than I'm really calm about results. Just prepare for noobs crying about mana pots "cuz I'm no god withoat full mana bar QQ". Track, you really need to know that you won't satisfy everyone.
There's always something behind nothing.

Kabally

This potion works like that,and its exactly that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jwd7rzAjak

14:06 i spam 1 of those potion,as you can see my mana,doesnt move that much and no its not the end the world,as i said before,its good and makes pvp biggers cuz mages have more mana.
SesameStreet2 4 ever
Kabally : He / Wk  6900
Moir : PR /WK 3500

When someone hatez you boy,means your doing something right.

"Having your own haterz make you famouz"

SS2 till i die

Peorexo

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on July 04, 2014, 11:55:37 AM
As in the topic. Lets hear the opinion of the crowd.

No spamming of the topic, insulting and other trollage.

If you do so, you will be warned,deleted and banned.

Thank you
Im not reading the whole topic, tho i will say NO.
For the time i spent here i can be sure that mana potions will be just easy mode for bots. As i told earlier with 24 max buff slots, u need to think what u need and with tattoos was the same way. U got mana regen or some combat stats (with penalties ofc). And class like dagger couldnt afford some additional slots so he was forced to use mana regen tattoo most of time (or pray for lucky 1-2crits on mahum tattoo). The system we have now is OK, i dunno why ppl dont understand the importance of additional buffs...

The only annoying thing for me was making this tattoo's over and over again. There should be some shortcut lv1-lv4 with like 10% increased cost, or easier way to refill by just spending mats not some marks.

somasz

Quote from: Kabally on July 06, 2014, 10:22:35 AM
This potion works like that,and its exactly that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jwd7rzAjak

14:06 i spam 1 of those potion,as you can see my mana,doesnt move that much and no its not the end the world,as i said before,its good and makes pvp biggers cuz mages have more mana.
for mana you need party, not boxed buffers and mana potions.

Kabally

Quote from: somasz on July 06, 2014, 11:51:06 AM
for mana you need party, not boxed buffers and mana potions.

Dude its alright for me,just giving my point of view <3

Bring good crew into server
SesameStreet2 4 ever

SS2 till i die

OsirisDl

Well this is just a ideal and not sure if it was said yet

well instead of adding mana potions how about letting all mobs drops mana herbs like some do.
------------------------------------------------------
You Are Going To Love Me Or Hate !!!
Infinity Player -  FriendCrafter
------------------------------------------------------

tyrrande

Quote from: =^TrackZero^= on July 04, 2014, 12:51:57 PM
Except this poll, there are few other changes that will arrive in following days:

- Custom npc buffer for new players (all starting towns + gludin/gludio)
- SSD/BSSD in shop
- Chest reward system (if requirements are accomplished )
- Aggressive marketing (started , more to come)
- Features button on the homepage
- Autopickup

*Eventually , mana potions.

Once mentioned changes are active they will be announced and added into changelogs.

Back to the topic, please vote.

Thank you

Buddy shame u dont live somewhere close to Czech. U r kinda douche sometimes a bit also as an admin, but i never seen such a will for getting people back playing and really hard work (even the info about server when it were down) arround it. Just keep up this work. For now u got atleast 1 BIG HUG from me

With regards, Xabenne

Kabally

Quote from: tyrrande on July 09, 2014, 11:02:51 AM
Buddy shame u dont live somewhere close to Czech. U r kinda douche sometimes a bit also as an admin, but i never seen such a will for getting people back playing and really hard work (even the info about server when it were down) arround it. Just keep up this work. For now u got atleast 1 BIG HUG from me

With regards, Xabenne
ma recruit,ma dog!
SesameStreet2 4 ever

SS2 till i die

HombreEspectro

So, will mp pots come to Tarantula?

kostsuba

i hope yes.. just today i logged to check if added xD

HombreEspectro

So? Any info about mana potions? Yes won long time ago

=^TrackZero^=

Quote from: HombreEspectro on July 23, 2014, 01:08:08 AM
So? Any info about mana potions? Yes won long time ago
I am still thinking about pros and cons....Its not an easy decission