News:

Main Menu

Tried the server, here's my thoughts..

Started by Mordyn, March 31, 2014, 05:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=drake=

Small intermission:
I notice people asking 5x or so...
I would remind you that exprate at lv80 is not 1x but 4.5x...
And in party that 4.5x becomes 5x (that is then splitted in the party group).
And we are talking about lv80.
At lv70 rates are noticeably higher (+50%) with a 6.41x (that is a 7x in party)

http://www.dragon-network.net/stats/tar/rates.htm

End of intermission, you can go on with the discussion.

Mordyn

Drake, you guys aren't getting it... the rates would have been great 4-5 years ago. Do you guys bot realize how much bigger the population could be right now?
I suggest you make polls, let people vote on features. All that matters in a ten year old game is that the players are happy. Brand new games are realizing that, look at wildstar for example. I went to a private party with the game director and community manager, they invited 500 people and asked what they wanted to see in the game. The best part? THEY listened!
This is how you make a community happy, listen to them. Let them design the server for you. There are way too many games now that compete with L2 and come out on top because you dont have to mindlessly kill mobs for a month to play end game.
I will continue to play, because I love L2, but I wont be putting as much effort into it because of this entire discussion. I dont know if it will be worth investing so much time because of how many people have already left and all I see in every chat in game is complaining.

Manage a game as a community manager, not a dictator.
FallenLegion recruiting! Sick of the children? Tired of getting back stabbed? You no buff buff mengz? Join FL TODAY! Disclaimer: Only FLUENT English speaking players around, join or suffer the consequences...   www.FallenLegion.us

Mala Przyjemnosc

Drake, if U already posted in this topic, I've got questions. What's the point in being able to sub only with 3rd on 78? Can you explain it? Maybe Im just too dumb, but seriously cannot understand this :P

Painkiler

To be honest i don't give a shit to this lolfastwtfpwnzor exping. I prefer to grow up slowly, than exp like a no-lifer.

=drake=

Then, before we start doing pools, can i have few more posts from you guys about:
"what would be your ideal rate ranges (still dynamic) from XX to YY?"

Right now is 30x to 4.5x

Would 30x to 7x be more appealing?
Or would be better higher start? or maybe higher end?
Maybe you would keep it like now until lv XXX and just keep the rate static (not dropping) after it or dropping but less than now?

Keep this as reference for your argumentations:

discuss and write also a little argumentation about your numeric choices.

Please take note this would means EXP/SP rates and will not involve Drop/Spoil/Adena rate at all.

Painkiler

Well, i preffered old static dragon x15 rates, but here 20-10 would be good. Flat dynamic rate would be better, because ppl lvl too fast at beginning so they consider server a super high rate, but then later on it became a quite disappointing(70+).

Alex

Quote from: =drake= on March 31, 2014, 07:40:27 PM
Then, before we start doing pools, can i have few more posts from you guys about:
"what would be your ideal rate ranges (still dynamic) from XX to YY?"

Right now is 30x to 4.5x

Would 30x to 7x be more appealing?
Or would be better higher start? or maybe higher end?
Maybe you would keep it like now until lv XXX and just keep the rate static (not dropping) after it or dropping but less than now?

Keep this as reference for your argumentations:

discuss and write also a little argumentation about your numeric choices.

Please take note this would means EXP/SP rates and will not involve Drop/Spoil/Adena rate at all.
just to move one thing out of the way:

i noticed that you dont get less EXP from the same mobs as you level up until they turn blue (which is normal), but mobs of a higher level give same or even less exp than mobs of the lower level

is it just me or thats how the dynamic EXP works here? slowing down with the level of mobs, not the level of the player?
ShowStopper having a break from hard GM work:

Dagger Allstarsâ,,¢

=drake=

Quote from: Alex on March 31, 2014, 07:49:25 PM
just to move one thing out of the way:

i noticed that you dont get less EXP from the same mobs as you level up until they turn blue (which is normal), but mobs of a higher level give same or even less exp than mobs of the lower level

is it just me or thats how the dynamic EXP works here? slowing down with the level of mobs, not the level of the player?

The level of mobs you can kill is dictated by your level and the exp given is dictated by the level of mob itself.
In fact, official servers have a dynamic rate too, is just not so obvious and we worked over it.

ZeniT

just close this stupid topic, cuz ppl with 2h gameplay/day

1. dont know what is going on the server.
2. never gonna join any serious event like epics or sieges.
3. doesnt matter for them what rate they play cuz compare to ppl who have time to play they stay allways 1shot niemands.

If you guys dont have time to play, go highrate or stop playing mmo.

PS: its not very funny, u already considering xp rate change cuz a guy who joined 2 days ago and 4-5 random nobody want it on forum.

somasz

Half year ago there was x25 interlude stacksub server, and guess what? It died after 2 months because ppl with max lvl was logging in, made few circles around giran and logged off.

Mala Przyjemnosc

Quote from: ZeniT on March 31, 2014, 08:11:52 PM
just close this stupid topic, cuz ppl with 2h gameplay/day

1. dont know what is going on the server.
2. never gonna join any serious event like epics or sieges.
3. doesnt matter for them what rate they play cuz compare to ppl who have time to play they stay allways 1shot niemands.

If you guys dont have time to play, go highrate or stop playing mmo.

So, following ur way of thinkin' , MMOs ( which imo are GAMES, not JOBS ) are only for people who has got a lot of time? Not for people who wants to relax, sit in front of their PC, click a bit and getting joy from it? Stop taking "online staff" so serious, just small advice.

somasz

Quote from: Mala Przyjemnosc on March 31, 2014, 08:21:25 PM
So, following ur way of thinkin' , MMOs ( which imo are GAMES, not JOBS ) are only for people who has got a lot of time? Not for people who wants to relax, sit in front of their PC, click a bit and getting joy from it? Stop taking "online staff" so serious, just small advice.
Change game .