Tattoos, 1 month later - Page 3

News:

Main Menu

Tattoos, 1 month later

Started by =drake=, March 05, 2014, 12:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emissary

Quote from: TheBlackPhoenix on March 05, 2014, 04:17:11 PM
May i ask why in c4 it was possible to have 2x slots? It's about Client?
And nother thing: If there would be slot one day, would you be positive about my suggestion? Or you think it is too "op" ?

you left? finally bot mastah decided not to bot anymore?! I believe so many ppl prayed for this day to happen, small tear in my eye just appeared :) there is just one more thing, please vanish from this forum too:)

thank you from debts of my heart!
DeathAkira - ES member, Dragon serv
emissary - FI member, infinity serv
emissary - FI member, valkyria serv

LadyZENITH

Quote from: Csenky on March 05, 2014, 04:11:03 PM
You either have to put all CC resists on 1 tattoo, and give it minimal or zero downsides, or mix the resists with existing, already widely used tattoos. Noone will pick some CC resist, which is extremely situational, over manareg or dmg increase, which are always good.

Exactly that. I see enemy OL running in the middle of the party to cast his debuffs = Tattoo against that would be good, but it must be useful stats wise. like -10% chance he would land these is not enough at all. If it was -50% then maybe, maybe... And that I consider all of those, not just against root for example. There are worse things this tatoo does not address thus I would not wear it as it is.
Infinity 5x: LadyZENITH - sps/sws - retired :(

silent_death

I suggest taking example of RB jewels when making the stats of tattos, that way players will have a lot more choice, in other words -

A combination of attack stat and a defense stat.

You could have + attack speed and stun resistance, - something else,

and so on. That way players can not only consider the attack stat of the tattoo, but the defense stat as well (some don't like to be stunned, other paralyzed/rooted, etc)

Everyone likes an increase of the atack stat, so unless you are playing a pure tank, that's what you would go for - as an attack class player I would not consider anything else, except for something that will make me hit harder. And maybe stun resistance for pvp.

Edit: furthermore, the negative on tattoos makes them worthless a lot of the time, eg sacrificing p.atk for attack speed - only a dagger user would do that. Please consider lessening the negative effects to make it worth it, for example +4% something, -2% something else. Why bother spending mats otherwise when the effect will be minimal?

Edit 2: make them cost more adena instead of mats on higher levels. A LOT of adena. Maybe that could keep inflation down a bit.
Your friendly neighbourhood forum troll.

igi

Quote from: silent_death on March 05, 2014, 04:47:43 PM
Edit: furthermore, the negative on tattoos makes them worthless a lot of the time, eg sacrificing p.atk for attack speed - only a dagger user would do that. Please consider lessening the negative effects to make it worth it, for example +4% something, -2% something else. Why bother spending mats otherwise when the effect will be minimal?

+10%/-10% doesnt mean u get minimal or no effect... this would only happen if u had for example 1000 p/matk and 1000 atk/cast speed with which u get more or less the same dps but for example +10% matk / -10% cast. speed on a SH would mean  *+600 matk / -100 cast speed and on sps would be opposite which means sh will get more dps while sps will get less...

* numbers r not official, its only an example.

silent_death

Quote from: igi on March 05, 2014, 05:03:06 PM
+10%/-10% doesnt mean u get minimal or no effect... this would only happen if u had for example 1000 p/matk and 1000 atk/cast speed with which u get more or less the same dps but for example +10% matk / -10% cast. speed on a SH would mean  *+600 matk / -100 cast speed and on sps would be opposite which means sh will get more dps while sps will get less...

* numbers r not official, its only an example.

I completely understand, but nonetless the positive effect is marginalised*, as that 100 cast speed would still increase your overall damage per second by an amount which is quite hard to calculate, also this obviously isn't a pvp server and characters are nowhere near attack speed or casting speed cap, so they would not sacrifice the speed so readily

igi

Quote from: silent_death on March 05, 2014, 05:09:55 PM
I completely understand, but nonetless the positive effect is marginalised*, as that 100 cast speed would still increase your overall damage per second by an amount which is quite hard to calculate, also this obviously isn't a pvp server and characters are nowhere near attack speed or casting speed cap, so they would not sacrifice the speed so readily
All l2 servers r pvp servers....
And getting 100 cast speed for the cost of 600 matk gives u less dps not more....

=drake=

Quote from: LadyZENITH on March 05, 2014, 04:35:25 PM
Exactly that. I see enemy OL running in the middle of the party to cast his debuffs = Tattoo against that would be good, but it must be useful stats wise. like -10% chance he would land these is not enough at all. If it was -50% then maybe, maybe... And that I consider all of those, not just against root for example. There are worse things this tatoo does not address thus I would not wear it as it is.

Stage 4 is 40% and empowered is 60% resist.
Usually this extra 60% means immunity.

silent_death

Quote from: igi on March 05, 2014, 05:17:14 PM
All l2 servers r pvp servers....
And getting 100 cast speed for the cost of 600 matk gives u less dps not more....

Let me explain my thought by giving an example

Your casting speed is XX, and your m.atk is YY. Your casting speed allows you to deal 10 shots in a certain time. +10 m.atk, -10% cast speed tattoo - what happens? In that same time, you deal 9 shots which do 10% more damage than normal. Your overall DPS is more or less the same, within the time of 10 shots. It basically just give you a chance of "do you want to deal 10 shots in that time with less damage, or 9 shots with more damage"

--- but your overall DPS is nearly the same.

This is a very simplified example, and I KNOW it doesn't work exactly like that. We however don't have formula (like diablo 3 for those who have played it) that calculates your DPS based on all attack stats, so it is very hard to tell. Conclusion - without extensive testing by players, most (like me) would rather not spend the time and energy to get a tatto and test it, and put the time into gearing up.

The positive effect is simply not evident, unless you get a +attack -pdef/mdef tatto, the effect of which is evident.

Peorexo

Quote from: silent_death on March 05, 2014, 05:50:13 PM
Let me explain my thought by giving an example

Your casting speed is XX, and your m.atk is YY. Your casting speed allows you to deal 10 shots in a certain time. +10 m.atk, -10% cast speed tattoo - what happens? In that same time, you deal 9 shots which do 10% more damage than normal. Your overall DPS is more or less the same, within the time of 10 shots. It basically just give you a chance of "do you want to deal 10 shots in that time with less damage, or 9 shots with more damage"

--- but your overall DPS is nearly the same.

This is a very simplified example, and I KNOW it doesn't work exactly like that. We however don't have formula (like diablo 3 for those who have played it) that calculates your DPS based on all attack stats, so it is very hard to tell. Conclusion - without extensive testing by players, most (like me) would rather not spend the time and energy to get a tatto and test it, and put the time into gearing up.

The positive effect is simply not evident, unless you get a +attack -pdef/mdef tatto, the effect of which is evident.
i will make u tl;dr
matk tattoo is useless
Matk tatto to work atleast 100% efficience (so the same dps) should give atleast 30-40% matk in price of 10% cast

silent_death

Quote from: Peorexo on March 05, 2014, 05:55:21 PM
i will make u tl;dr
matk tattoo is useless
Matk tatto to work atleast 100% efficience (so the same dps) should give atleast 30-40% matk in price of 10% cast

Sorry mate I didn't understand you

Anyway when it gets to fighter tattoos it's even more complicated. I'm DE archer. Strong p.atk, shit crit rate. Need to get crit rate up. +4% crit, -4% patk. I lose a lot of patk and gain only a little crit rate. There is no benefit.

Tattoos in their present form seem to be only to benefit your class's strong point, and to make your weak point worse because of the design with percentages. Aka - you have a lot of M.atk (SPH), but casting speed is shit. So you just make your strong point stronger and your weakpoint weaker.

I think I've already put my point across, but to underline - there needs to be a very clear benefit of tattoos for players to carry them. At the moment (for me at least) this is not so clear, so I would rather just not bother with anything else except mana. If this is me, I'm sure others feel the same.

Peorexo

=drake=

Quote from: silent_death on March 05, 2014, 06:11:24 PM
Sorry mate I didn't understand you

Anyway when it gets to fighter tattoos it's even more complicated. I'm DE archer. Strong p.atk, shit crit rate. Need to get crit rate up. +4% crit, -4% patk. I lose a lot of patk and gain only a little crit rate. There is no benefit.

Tattoos in their present form seem to be only to benefit your class's strong point, and to make your weak point worse because of the design with percentages. Aka - you have a lot of M.atk (SPH), but casting speed is shit. So you just make your strong point stronger and your weakpoint weaker.

I think I've already put my point across, but to underline - there needs to be a very clear benefit of tattoos for players to carry them. At the moment (for me at least) this is not so clear, so I would rather just not bother with anything else except mana. If this is me, I'm sure others feel the same.

Then the solution would be change the whole % sytem to a static value.
Example tattoos:
+500 matk, -100 castspeed
+100 critical rate, -500 patk

and so on...