Web Analytics
OverPowered archers (the joke went too far) - Page 12

News:

Main Menu

OverPowered archers (the joke went too far)

Started by lucifsg, September 23, 2009, 11:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

our4n0s

Quote from: Zuluman on September 24, 2009, 12:42:22 PM
Btw, read your topic title,

Now read this...

Now tell me how you just selfowned yourself.
ewww i think the quote of the msg lucif did was before HB ^^, but then i agree with what i supose you would say, buffing ur self good in IL doesn't mind u ll buff good in HB... and it makes his quote worthess  :D
retired

seboulba

Quote from: lucifsg on September 24, 2009, 12:26:05 PM
dude de/ty can kill 1 max 2 ppl and die after archers hit like hell and get 400 dmg on em ... its fackin UNBALANCED

:'( :'( :'( Szi can kill ur pt mage with celestial so XD 1 hit per guys on ur pt
nm30X
EvilBunnies

lucifsg

Quote from: Zuluman on September 24, 2009, 12:42:22 PM
Btw, read your topic title,

Now read this...

Now tell me how you just selfowned yourself.

was in hb ..
<char>
  <name>lucifsg</name>
  <level>85</level>
  <class>Soultaker</class>
  <clan>BrokenAngelz</clan>
  <olympiads_won>70</olympiads_won>

lucifsg

Quote from: Furesy on September 24, 2009, 01:19:11 PM

The thing that makes Icarus bow so OP is the re-use delay of arrows, which is almost 1/3 of what Draconic bows re-use is, you can't see it in stats.

aha didnt know about this. so u think if this changes the extra att speed that icarus gives wont really matter?
<char>
  <name>lucifsg</name>
  <level>85</level>
  <class>Soultaker</class>

Furesy

Quote from: lucifsg on September 24, 2009, 02:09:35 PM
aha didnt know about this. so u think if this changes the extra att speed that icarus gives wont really matter?
The difference between Draconic bow (slow) and Icarus Spitter (Normal) is around 50 - 100 atk speed in stats. (depends if your base atk speed is high, like with SR, or low, like with PR) you only notice this a little, but not so much really.

The arrow re-use delay for each bow is different, most bows (the red bar when shooting arrows) have an arrow re-use delay around 1500 or so (don't recall exact number, doesn't really matter), some bows could lower their arrow re-use delay with SA's like QR (BoP, Soul bow), this lowered it to around 1300 or something.
Icarus Spitter has an arrow re-use delay of around 500 or 600, which makes it close to 3 times faster in shooting arrows than other bows.

lucifsg

Quote from: Furesy on September 24, 2009, 02:14:15 PM
The difference between Draconic bow (slow) and Icarus Spitter (Normal) is around 50 - 100 atk speed in stats. (depends if your base atk speed is high, like with SR, or low, like with PR) you only notice this a little, but not so much really.

The arrow re-use delay for each bow is different, most bows (the red bar when shooting arrows) have an arrow re-use delay around 1500 or so (don't recall exact number, doesn't really matter), some bows could lower their arrow re-use delay with SA's like QR (BoP, Soul bow), this lowered it to around 1300 or something.
Icarus Spitter has an arrow re-use delay of around 500 or 600, which makes it close to 3 times faster in shooting arrows than other bows.

well XD would look weird to qq about NERF ICARUS SPITTER RE-USE BACK TO 1500 so i ll stick to nerf icarus bow att speed and balance the game vs archers
<char>
  <name>lucifsg</name>
  <level>85</level>
  <class>Soultaker</class>

TomekAlmighty

Quote from: lucifsg on September 24, 2009, 02:22:06 PM
well XD would look weird to qq about NERF ICARUS SPITTER RE-USE BACK TO 1500 so i ll stick to nerf icarus bow att speed and balance the game vs archers

Dunno why it would be weird... If they nerf just the attack speed the archers probably wont even notice the change xD

The only thing that has to be changed is the reuse delay.
[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
KingBishop, TomekCritz, TomekAlmighty, YoMama
Quote from: Blondy on November 18, 2007, 07:15:25 PM
you will never be better as you are now ... , you reached the "best point"

Endorama

Quote from: Marinella on September 24, 2009, 12:13:26 PM
if u on uthria  - your mage is better against archers not against mages - so nothing new
btw u can be slowed by archers too but nowadays they dont need it  - they need only tsuns and critz0rs every fking hit
scroll down to the bottom of my sig and check out the names of my chars...and yea i can get slowed by archers but if i am not so far away from em i can easily trick them,the reuse of harmstring is even more than the reuse of my trick,but in the same time most of the mages have more than 2 slow skills,and if 1 of em gets tricked the other is going to get casted on,the % of the 2nd slow landing is high.
and bout archers criting every hit,i doubt about it aswell,at least my archer used to crit ~1/4 a bit than 1 month ago...
Grave aka Pigs aka GONE

PvtStuka

Quote from: lucifsg on September 23, 2009, 11:14:59 AM
As topic says and after half of server rerolling to archer/xx maybe its time for a nerf to balance it with other classes ?
The problems are mentioned many times i just wanna remind em . Huge att speed and damage. And the problem gets even bigger as they get scrolls like archers will and resist magic scrolls like protection of elemental/rune. So u guys get more power/dmg power + range and at the same time magic resists... What i keep seeing repeating on the forum is that mages which know how to buff themselfs got no problems vs archers etc , well LOL thats BULLSHIT. I m always on 2.2k p def when im out for pvp vs archers and i see my damage chat beeing spammed of 2 and 3k's ... An archer that has archers will and snipe on can rape from 1450 range....while full buffed mage hits back for 400dmg max...WTF ?? Voudas was on heroe ud and buffs (aka 7k+ p def) and he was getting 950-1k dmg per hit  from he/wl. A full buffed archers party needs 2 mage partys to get killed this is totally freaked up and unbalanced.
Thats all , if u wanna share smth usefull feel free to post , if u wanna just spam freak off

my heart is bleeding for you... haven't seen you crying when 100% mcrit was an option. I stopped playing my archer cause it was pointless with a +3 drac bow (only you, gandaf and voudas ate 2.4k on full buff, NOONE else, regarding worthy opponents). my damage to others was between 250 and 1k. Oh, this was done with a he/pp and a he/wk, NOT a mutant, NOT a glad.

And even if SOMEHOW what you wrote would be true, do you get the same annoyment of a simple drac bow archer? or your problems lie with icarus and insane reuse? If a simple (I mean +3-7 max)  draco archer makes you cry, just delete the game, if icarus heroes, then u got your answer in the "what need to be fixed" competition.

HINT: it won't be fixed until it's the best donation material.

HINT2: if a day comes when it will be fixed, that will be the day of the vesper weapons introduction ;)

Quote from: NIORI on September 23, 2009, 10:15:38 PM
Well it seems that i am not the only person who thinks that archers are op. and it seems that i am not only the one who is playing 1 char almost for 4 years. and think the same about archers..  :-\

i rly wanna hear a reply from drake about that issue if archers are op or not but what i am saying that is same like saying i wanna someone telling me the Lototery number.  :D

the above mentioned things goes to you aswell, plus you didn't cry when u were a fan of all-buffs-removing-cancel+return (and that wasn't just a bugged item like icarus splitter, that was the class itself)

Astramael      [db/tr]

Endorama

Quote from: our4n0s on September 24, 2009, 01:47:54 PM
join the QQ squad?
do i sound like QQing toady?its just that i am stating a fact that if archers get nerved they would do nothing to me,while mages wont change.its not that i am affected by archer's nerves anymore,but it would suck imo.
ps : i refer to nerves that would affect patk and dmg,aswell,which wont surprise me.
Grave aka Pigs aka GONE

kang

the only way to play archer vs equally (top-of-the-top) geared chars and decent L2 knowledge  mage or dagger or orc (basically, almost anything which isnt archer) is to "fake" the kite until bufs fade out. (fake, because you're same range in hb, really)

damage has been boosted compared to IL (to "balance" the archer protections, lol). so when ws goes off and u remove protection with a stun, your damage is *great* (and OP actually!)

if you have an ic bow however, you may "only" wait until siren dance is off, and start hitting hoping they're not able to overheal the damage

you may also ud/vengeance/sof/snipe or w/e but ppl usually will move ofc.

oh and if you're a mage and you deal crap damage despite good bufs, look into non-elemental attacks.
Imagine a sps doing hydro blaste on aqua dance/elemental buf/elemental song/resist aqua.. yeah thats not very high.
Then try  your holy attacks, theres only "holy protection" and no one  bufs it. and even if they do, damage is still much, MUCH greater than aqua attacks over elemental resists. (we're talking 3-4K crits on holy protection and 3K mdef)

wah, i was bored to write all this. back to work :(

Triuferkkk

Quote from: lucifsg on September 24, 2009, 11:39:24 AM
u think i go out to pvp without thoose 2 buffs ?
once u or ur friend cried that our ally bp/wcs r using l2w to buff parties with chant with haste and acumen after ur banes (its not ture anyway), ill copy u now : use l2w for chant of protection nab after stun

Slania SK/PR    Carebears